Key Account Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
A little bit about the function you will be a part of
Tyro's Key Account team is a huge part of Tyro’s growth and retention success. We provide the highest levels of account management to a portfolio responsible for 25% of Tyro’s overall revenue. We actively maintain a strong culture that allows us to be more flexible and offer our customers a higher level of service than other banks. We have some of the best logos in the business on our books, so we take quality pretty seriously. It's an environment that changes constantly, and we need to be able to adapt to new circumstances.
You will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of existing and new key accounts. You will identify opportunities to up-sell our product suite and add value into this portfolio above and beyond Tyro's core eftpos product. Being a valued partner to your key accounts will be crucial to the further success of our merchants and Tyro combined. You will do this by embedding yourself getting a deep understanding of your clients, their industry, their mission and how we at Tyro can go on this journey with them
The Key Account Manager’s primary responsibility is to retain and grow our existing client base. They will need to foster relationships with both merchants and internal stakeholders to achieve the desired outcomes. They will need to ensure the customer is handled with the best of care throughout the end to end experience.
One of the most highly regarded roles at Tyro.
What You Will Be Doing...
- Develop sales strategies to identify, influence and up-sell to multiple decision makers in order to ensure business retention
- Manage the needs of a portfolio of existing Tyro customers to retain business and minimise churn with an e-Commerce focus
- Develop a deep understanding of your account portfolio
- Building strong and specific account plans for portfolio growth and cross sell
- Co-ordinate (sometimes) complex corporate roll-outs and hand-overs from Enterprise Sales
- Generate new e-Commerce business by fostering strong relationships with existing customers
- Meet and exceed KPIs for retention, time interacting with your customer base, customer NPS, account growth and cross sell product activations
- Execute high level presentations to C-level clients and internal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Proactively seek to expand their knowledge on Tyro's products, services, industry trends and stay up to date with any changes
- Run training webinars and attend conferences and events as a representative of Tyro, where appropriate
- Work with account admins, customer support, financial support and any other internal stakeholder to ensure that day-to-day customer needs are met in an efficient and timely manner
- Partner with Product to continually update them on changing customer needs and market conditions. This is critical in ensuring Tyro stays ahead of the market
What We Are Looking For...
- 5 years enterprise account management experience
- e-Commerce platform experience and/or solutions experience (preferable)
- Enterprise Account Management or B2B consultative sales experience
- A values driven team player
- “Out the box” thinker
- A natural strategic mindset
- Excellent presentation skills
- Have a keen attention to detail and follow-up
- Have excellent time management
- Build strong relationships both with customers and internally
- Continuously look for opportunities for process improvements
- Have loads of initiative and don’t shy away from a challenge
- Significantly contribute to an energetic and vibrant culture
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who We Are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking