Senior Marketing Manager, In-Store
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Senior Marketing Manager, In-Store, you’ll lead product marketing for our in-store offering, which enables merchants to accept Afterpay in their physical store locations. You will scale and drive adoption of this offering in Australia by developing compelling, customer-facing campaigns, determining regional strategy, and identifying new opportunities to drive continued engagement across the consumer journey. The ideal candidate has a strong track record of launching marketing campaigns to drive the adoption of innovative consumer products, as well as a passion for retail.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Own the Product campaign strategy and execution to drive awareness and adoption of our in-store offering in Australia and New Zealand
- Develop a deep understanding of the Australian and New Zealand customers through qualitative and quantitative research and translate this into key consumer insights to inform marketing strategy and funnel growth
- Keep a pulse on market trends and the competitive landscape. Regularly publish competitive analyses on competitor positioning and identify product gaps & differentiators to help inform product roadmaps
- Understand the Product functionality deeply and translate it into customer-facing messaging
- Develop compelling campaigns and narratives that resonate with the target audience and drive trial and engagement of our in-store offering
- Analyse the customer conversion funnel to understand where and why customers drop out
- Partner with Product & Design to improve key user flows, in-product messaging, and product education (e.g. how it works landing page, sign-up flow)
- Evaluate product and campaign performance using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Your previous experience in Product marketing will be highly regarded
- Your experience leading and executing marketing campaigns, ideally within Retail, will be tested
- You like leading cross-functional teams and can build rapport easily
- You’re comfortable analysing data, willing to solve problems and work well with ambiguity
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.