Central Product Support Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Participation in IOT product life cycle process to contribute the targeted customer use scenarios on implementation and defects management.
Coordinate global FAE and IOT project team on solutions between customer features and IOT product and service implementation in the whole product life cycle.
Conducting technical reviews, and their moderation
Prepare and provide training for other functional units of our company, distributors and customers
Participation in contribution to R&D development projects, mainly for customer feedback and prioritization
Autonomously solve customer problems and verify the solutions by applying appropriate measures and tests
Central Product Supports
The analysis, measurements and evaluation of customer applications in the respective area of hardware and software expertise.
Investigation of reported customer issues with a view to finding a solution to the problem
Entering the identified product errors in to the Product Development-bug database
Advisory support during the development and introduction of new products, for the development department
Implementation of delegated customer support projects, in cooperation with members from other disciplines
Reporting imminent risk, or critical situations, to the management
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of technological development and trends in relevant IOT markets
- (e.g. Automotive & Electronic Toll, Environmental Monitoring, Health Care, Industrial Computing, Metering, Payment, Remote Maintenance and Control, Security, Tracking & Tracing, WLL/Router&Gateway and IoT)
- Knowledge of current IOT related standardization and trends (e.g. 3GPP, LTE, E-call…)
- Understanding of technologies which are related to IOT market (GPS / RF-Id / Linux / Micro controllers...)
- Knowledge on cellular wireless network topology and communication technologies (GSM / GPRS / EGDE / UMTS / HSPA / CAT M / NB IOT …)
- Understanding of approval processes (R&TTE, FCC, UL, IC, GCF, PTCRB, CE, CCC, …)
- Experience in project management (Time-, Risk-, Cost management)
- Technical understanding of Thales IOT products and their capabilities in terms of
- Mechanics: components, mounting technologies (SMT, B2B), connectors…
- Hardware: circuit & schematics & PCB design, thermal considerations, DTC, DTV
- Interfaces: RS232, USB, I2C, SPI, GPIO, SIM, power supply, RF/antenna basics…
- Software: Voice call, SMS, GPRS, Java, Linux, Multiplexer, drivers, IT security…
- >3 years of experience in related field
Ideal person would be the one who has following characteristics:
Highly self-motivated who takes own initiative
Ability to communicate across organizational borders
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Very good command of English language, both spoken and written
- Project management skills (Time-, Risk-, Cost management)
- Customer oriented acting
- Good self-learning skill to track new technology and support customers or portfolios
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.