System Installation Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
The Systems Installation Manager is required to perform professional engineering work involving considerable independence in approach, demanding a considerable degree of originality, ingenuity and judgement, and knowledge of more than one field of expertise.
The Systems Installation Manager
- Initiates in short-range or long-range planning and makes independent decisions on engineering policies and procedures within an overall program;
- gives technical advice to management and operating departments;
- may take detailed technical responsibility for product development and provision of specialised engineering systems, facilities and functions;
- coordinates work programs; and
- directs or advises on use of tools and resources.
The Systems Installation Manager supervises a group or groups including professional engineers and other staff, or exercises authority and technical control over a group of professional staff, in both instances engaged in complex engineering applications.
How About You?
- A tertiary qualification in IT, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Systems Engineering or other relevant qualification
- A Project Management Certification (IPMA, PMP or Prince2) is highly desirable
- Extensive experience in the design and installation management of large-scale, complex networked computer system solutions
Good to Know
- You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
- Please note this role is a 3 year fixed term contract.
- There will be significant travel nationwide - up to 50% of the calendar year
- As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
- Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
- For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.