Software Engineering Manager
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
VISA Regional Solutions and Digital Partnership team develops, delivers, and manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. We run customer pilots to showcase state of the art and next generation payment technologies and help with sales and market enablement of Visa products and services.
We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager (Director level) to join this high performance team based out of Singapore. Successful candidate will bring a strong understanding of software engineering principles, system architecture expertise as well as people skills to assure delivery excellence in a fast-paced and highly complex environment. This position will oversee a high performing team comprised of developers and testers and executions for a number of pilot projects, often running in parallel. The candidate must embrace teamwork and promote a culture of openness and flexibility with his/her business partners and the extended team.
Accountabilities - General
- Lead a team of developers participating in one or more Agile teams delivering product enhancements, architecture initiatives, system, and security upgrades
- Responsible for the quality of design, architecture and code of the solution
- Closely collaborate with all horizontal support groups in Visa to ensure smooth deployments
- Wear the hat of a solution architect and participate in devising feasible solutions
- Collaborate with both business and technical stakeholders globally to deliver high quality products and services
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team s deliverables meet or exceed business expectations in terms of quality and timeline
- Mentor and encourage growth for the team in alignment with both their career aspirations as well as the needs of Visa
- Represent the Regional Solutions team in site level forums
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Basic Qualifications :
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years of experience
- 10 – 12 years of relevant experience in engineering, integration and delivery of enterprise software solutions
- 2 or more years of experience in leadership roles with people management responsibility
- Expertise building API based applications using Java related technologies
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle, DevOps and CI/CD
- Passion for innovation, new ideas, quick prototyping, hackathons etc
- Multi-disciplinary skills and experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Experience directly interacting with customers and business partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud technologies and microservices architecture is a huge plus
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is desirable
- Mobile application development experience is a plus
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions