Account Executive (Mid-Market)
We’re reimagining business banking. Small to medium sized businesses are the backbone of the Australian economy, and we’re here to champion them by building the next generation of financial services.
Zeller is challenging the status quo — and, eventually, the big banks.
Why is it exciting to work at Zeller?
Do you seek out challenges, and thrive on coming up with creative solutions for unique (and often original) ideas? We want you on our team. Zeller is building an entire financial services and payments ecosystem from the ground up. We’re already making waves in the Fintech industry, yet we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2020, we’ve held onto the vibrant, innovative feel of a start-up whilst growing at rapid pace. With the backing of some of the world's leading investors, we’ve also earned the pretty cool moniker of being ‘Australia’s most valuable pre-launch start up’. Ever.
Our goals are ambitious and exciting, and we need an incredibly skilled team to achieve them. When you join Zeller, you’ll quickly learn the team are champions for each other, and one of our strongest attributes is our team-first mentality.
There are some incredible things on the horizon at Zeller - we can't wait for you to join us.
About The Role
As a mid-market Account Executive in Zeller’s Sales team, we’ll challenge you to bring your hands-on approach, creative problem solving skills, natural business-development and commercial acumen, self-starter experience and competitive fire to help us be a partner and advocate to Australian SMEs.
Being a Zeller Account Executive is not about hard selling. We believe that building a strong and lasting relationship with a business owner is the key to success. Our merchants come in all shapes and sizes — from family-run businesses, to multi-location chains, to large-scale events, and more. Every day will be different, and you'll thrive on going above-and-beyond to support a variety of merchants, by being a champion for their needs and a supporter of their business. This position is hands-on — you'll be hitting the streets to meet business owners, build a deep understanding of the ins-and-outs of their business, and use that knowledge to position Zeller as the best solution to supercharge their cash flow.
By joining Zeller in our embryonic stages, you'll be integral to scaling our rapidly growing Sales team. This role is ideal for a developing Sales Account Executive or BDM who is not afraid of ambiguity, and gets excited by developing processes while executing in parallel . We are excited to have people join us who will roll-up their sleeves to help establish a healthy pipeline, and define the Sales roadmap that will help to grow one of Australia's most exciting new fintechs.
- You will spend your days prospecting to small, medium and large-sized businesses through outbound lead generation, door-to-door prospecting, cold calling / email, referrals and more, supplemented by a rapidly growing inbound lead pipeline.
- Build a deep understanding of the pain points and requirements of business owners, then formulate the right Zeller solution to exceed their expectations.
- Meticulously manage your leads and deals pipeline within the Hubspot Sales Hub with outstanding hygiene and attention to detail.
- Own the full sales cycle including planning, cold calling, qualifying, obtaining information, due diligence, and closing new deals to achieve in order to exceed your individual targets.
- Translate complex merchant business banking and merchant services requirements into a succinct, simple and beautiful solution.
- Deliver an outstanding first impression for Zeller’s merchants by using storytelling, case studies, pitch decks and industry news to inspire them about how we are the right business banking partner for them.
- Develop commercially sound deals across a wide variety of customer use cases, verticals, and complex economics.
- Stay up-to-date with SME, technology, fintech, payments, competitor and industry trends that are relevant to your merchants.
- Collaborate with your Zeller team members across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product and Operations to relay customer feedback.
Qualifications And Experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in a sales position with proven ability to achieve your quarterly goals.
- A genuine curiosity and passion about people and their business that will enable you to inspire and share their stories with others.
- A strong commercial mindset and demonstrated ability to successfully manage and grow revenue.
- Tertiary education, or a track record of relevant experience that proves it wasn’t needed.
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in prospecting, identifying target merchants, evaluating buyer interest, recognising decision-making processes, qualifying, creating value-based demonstrations, selling complex solutions, writing proposals, objection handling and negotiating.
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently or at a distance from your team.
- A rare competitive fire and desire to win.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative work style.
- Excellent written, verbal and oral presentation skills.
- Agile, ambitious, and motivated to be the best at everything you do.
- Resilience in the face of adversity and, and an underlying comfort in ambiguity.
- Strong organisational skills and super abilities to manage a large volume of tasks, responsibilities and deadlines.
- A healthy entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience with Hubspot or similar CRM tools, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Experience in SaaS, fintech, or scale-up B2B sales.
- An established relationship with SME business owners and decision makers.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from:
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
Hybrid working arrangements;
Excellent learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team, both virtually and in person;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting ‘scale-ups’.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Everything your business needs to accept payments, manage your finances, and pay recipients fast.