Seller Solutions Lead
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That’s our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless. We believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, skills and experiences are at the heart of our success.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Japan Merchant Sales & Solutions (MSS) team is accountable for managing client relationships with Seller-side payment ecosystem stakeholders such as merchants, eCommerce platforms, wallet providers and traditional merchant-payment enablers. The team negotiates and implements major commercial deals (1) to enable partners to utilize an array of Visa products and services and (2) to drive Visa’s and our Partners’ strategic objectives.
The MSS team works with team also works in collaboration with our Client Relationship Management on managing relationships with card issuers.
What a Senior Director, Seller Solutions Lead does at Visa:
You will take the lead in shaping the future direction of our business and works hands-on with the leadership team and business functions to connect academic business content to pragmatic, results-oriented output.
In this role, you will build effective, scalable strategies and a strong culture of excellence within their team and across the business. This individual will work closely with Japan MS&A AE leads and their clients (large merchants, acquirers and other seller-side stakeholders) to build client business development strategies, lead pre-sales engagements and pipeline management, and project manage client implementation & integration of these solutions and initiatives.
Successful execution of this role will be achieved through a combination of leadership, product development/solutioning experience, GTM planning and execution ability, strong knowledge of sellers’ technology ecosystem, market trends, solutions and technologies, excellent communication and technical skills, collaboration with multiple internal teams and applied product strategy in seller product offerings.
- Stay in front of innovation trends in the payments industry.
- Evaluate the existing capability and component products to create a plan for net new capabilities, extensions, and partner enhancements reflective of key stakeholder needs. Collaborate with the broader organization to achieve vision.
- Define the overall strategic vision, planning and operation of Visa Japan Seller Solutions product solution portfolio.
- Leverage knowledge of best-in-class client experiences to develop a roadmap that will accelerate and scale the consumption of Forward capabilities including Sandbox development, configuration simplification and other mechanisms to drive efficiency
- Manage, lead, align and empower an inclusive team of talented staff to develop the solution set – with the needs of merchants, acquirers and technology partners at the forefront of the design construct.
- Manage internal processes to design and deliver products and solutions to clients on the Seller-side.
- Execute market research and connects leading trends to business goals for decision-making purposes. Analyze and synthesize research into actionable recommendations.
- Manage projects end-to-end and coordinate execution of recommendations with key stakeholders as needed.
- Support senior leadership team by developing thought leadership for internal executive meetings and presentations.
- Manage an active pipeline of inorganic growth opportunities. Evaluate build, buy, partner opportunities to accelerate seller-side solution adoption.
- Define the business case for funding, build internal support, design the execution roadmap and establish success metrics
- Effectively communicate the commercialization roadmap across the organization
Why this is important to Visa
The end-to-end delivery of acceptance growth initiatives is key to exponentially increasing Visa’s value to, and relevance across, the entire seller spectrum - from a new-to-Visa small sellers to a large-enterprises in Japan. A broad acceptance footprint coupled with a non-distinct Visa value proposition is necessary to drive merchant preferences and continue to keep the core Visa value proposition viable over the long term. Visa is focuses on building and deploying products and services which simplify, expand and enrich connections between sellers and their customers, empowering sellers to succeed and fulfill their purpose.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Ability to gain deep subject matter depth on a multitude of topics on short notice and be skilled at the synthesis of multiple sources of information (qualitative and quantitative) in order to create real and actionable insights for the business.
- Front line, customer facing experience, to reflect that client vantage point and ground solutions in the operational realities is also highly valuable as is a global experience and/or mindset.
- High energy level, performance oriented and passionate about merchants, acquirers and technology in the digital commerce space.
- Ability to work constructively in a cross-functional, initiative-based structure – leading large teams where there is not a direct reporting line.
- Experience in working with indirect sales channels and the required go-to-market processes to enable these channels.
- Expertise in implementing agile development methodologies and incorporating client and market feedback into product roadmap.
- Demonstrated experience leading new, breakout products or initiatives (versus incremental feature/functionality).
- Demonstrated project management with an ability to appropriately phase and prioritize key underlying capabilities and activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to simplify and communicate complex technical issues to non-technical executives, sales teams and other stakeholders
- Able to develop an independent point of view on topics in the face of uncertainty and imperfect information.
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty.
- 12-15 years of leadership experience, preferably in big tech, fintech or management consulting. Strong knowledge of payments, eCommerce and mobile technology is a plus.
- A track record of building and commitment to managing, developing, motivating and holding a high-performance team accountable.
- Proven work experience in product management leadership role, from ideation to commercial success.
- Ability to work across functional teams and build relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Agile mindset and experience managing scrum teams
- Strong understanding and proven work experience on Seller products, solutions and technologies.
- Proven experience and understanding of product development methodologies.
- Entrepreneurial approach to rapidly testing new product concepts in the market and incorporating learnings.
- Demonstrated track record of developing product strategies based on business objectives and coordinating the successful implementation to deliver measurable business results.
- Attention to detail and quality on both internal team-work and external products brought to market.
- Hands-on and consistently turn strategies into execution and results.
- Trustworthy and possesses highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity. Drives for achieving superior end to end results, in a sustainable way.
- Drives for achieving superior end to end results, in a sustainable way.
- Genuinely cares for and is inclusive of people, supports people’s wellbeing.
- Strong at networking. A connector of people, communities and clients in Japan and across Visa.
- Has stature, gravitas, reputation and professional attitude, internally and externally.
- Courageous, accountable and willing to challenge the status quo, and drive innovation.
- Curious, with a drive to continuously learn.
- Has high levels of professional humility and actively seeks and uses feedback constructively.
- Disciplined and organized in a way that enables consistent delivery of results while also being able to respond well to unexpected demands.
- Ability to work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to develop rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior product management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Japan and are unable to offer new immigration sponsorship.
- Visa is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions