Senior Software Engineer in Test (Performance Testing)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
- Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts, related to application performance, capacity and resiliency
- Analyze, review and present performance results with recommendations to delivery teams and business groups
- Work with development and DevOps to troubleshoot and improve identified performance bottlenecks
- Document software defects, using JIRA and report defects to software developers
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Identify and drive standards for high-quality test approach and execution parameters.
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized processes and procedures
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork
- Clearly communicate both formally and informally project/program status, risk and impact, escalating when/where appropriate
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with the teams to deliver quality software iteratively
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline required, advanced degree a plus
- 5 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or more than 3 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- 3 or more years of hands-on Performance Testing experience with LoadRunner/ Performance Center/Load Runner Enterprise, including scripting, scenario creation, execution, and analysis
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring solutions such as Aternity APM, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, etc.
- Must be able to monitor and gather system resource statistics during test execution
- Ability to translate performance requirements/specifications into meaningful and effective test scripts and scenarios
- Working knowledge of scripting (Perl, XML, SQL, Unix shell, Microsoft Visual Basic, WSI) required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate advanced technical issues both verbally and in writing to technical staff and management
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Able to make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
- Have implemented standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that met quantifiable business objectives
- Ability, desire, and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Demonstrate a team-driven attitude, ready to innovate, collaborate and resolve issues.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions