Visa Business Solutions & New Flows Manager, Hong Kong
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The New Payment Flows (NPF) division aims to expand Visa ecosystem beyond enabling consumer purchases to the movement of money for everyone, everywhere. Leveraging Visa global network of financial institutions, fintechs, merchant partners, the team is enabling payment flows in terms of Business-to-Consumer or Business-to-SME disbursements (e.g., gig economy payouts, marketplace seller payouts, insurance claim payouts), Business-to-Business payments (e.g. supplier chain payments, business bill payments, merchant settlement), and Consumer-to-Consumer payments (e.g., XB remittance, P2P transfer), and more.
The New Payment Flows team brings innovative payment solutions, spanning card and non-card solutions across Visa Business Solutions and Visa Direct, to clients around the world, serving the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Digital Platforms, Corporate Banks, Payment Fintechs, and Retail Banks.
What VBS & New Flow Manager Does At Visa
We are looking for an experienced professional to expand Visa penetration in Cross-Border and Domestic Business-to-Consumer or Business-to-SME disbursements (e.g., gig economy payouts, marketplace seller payouts, insurance claim payouts), Business-to-Business remittance (e.g. supply chain), and Consumer-to-Consumer remittance (e.g. overseas students, foreign workers), leveraging Visa solutions including Visa Direct, B2B Connect and Virtual Cards.
The VBS & New Flow lead will (1) define go-to-market plan for Hong Kong by identifying target use cases, clients and maintaining a sales pipeline, (2) sell-in and implement relevant solutions, including Visa Direct, cards with originators including both Financial Institutions and Fintechs, and (3) drive solution enablement through initiatives with ecosystem partners (acquirers, processors, treasury banks, payment platforms) in Hong Kong.
This is a broad-reaching cross-functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are essential as the individual will collaborate with all areas of Visa (sales, cross-product, marketing, corporate communications, pricing, finance, legal, regulatory teams, and more), as well as external technology companies, financial institutions, and fintech clients. Visa is looking for an individual that is leader in strategy, enablement, and business growth with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Develop short- and long-term go-to-market approach to penetrate Disbursements and Remittance payments, including optimizing product/sales operating model, identifying top pipeline targets by use case and prioritizations by enablers, and accelerating onboarding and launch of new programs
- Identify, structure and close Visa Direct or Card issuance deals with new prospects and with existing Visa Accounts in collaboration with Visa Account Executives. Equip, enable, and empower Visa Sales Teams to ensure we have the right value proposition and product construct to meet client needs. Be the go-to-leader for Visa Account Executives and support joint client conversations and joint sales calls/pitches for Visa Direct and Card issuance.
- Activate and drive sell-through with Enabler partners – drive commercial readiness with our enabler community, using a framework consisting of business enablement (e.g., helping identify new payment flows), product training, sales & marketing toolkits, and solution consultation deep dives
- Own Visa Direct HK product marketing deliverables, leveraging content from Global and AP Hub team to customize tools, best practices, pitch decks, collaterals for Hong Kong
- Drive co-marketing efforts, including webinars, case studies, thought leadership at conferences/events, research, and whitepapers, and more
- Partner with Fintech FastTrack team and Digital Partnerships teams to drive enabler readiness and support the fast onboarding/launch of new fintech programs and use cases for Visa Direct
- Collaborate cross-functionally on larger Visa commercial partnerships and constructs with originators and enablers, including pricing and economics, routing, and other strategic incentives or value-added services.
- Be the liaison with AP Regional and Global Visa Direct teams, providing feedback on enhancements and escalating for support as needed.
Why this is important to Visa
Disbursement and remittance are important new payment use cases that will contribute to Visa ambitious growth target for Hong Kong. The individual will be in a unique position to shape & influence Visa s approach and long-term strategy for this fast-growth segment.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What You Will Need
- 7 or more years of work experience in financial services and/or payments, with at least 5 years of track record in successfully selling cross-border payment products / services to enterprises, fintechs, SMEs or financial institutions
- Solid experience and knowledge in B2B payments, international payment networks, transaction, correspondent or treasury banking
- Proven track record of selling-in complex, technical solutions by distilling client requirements, working around client s or solution s constraints, and proposing the right value proposition and product construct
- Able to lead sales discussion with customers and partners, and explain complex solutions in clear, non-technical language
- Excellent problem-solving skills, demonstrating intellectual and analytical rigor in understanding commercial and technical issues
- Able to independently lead and manage x-functional initiatives, with proven leadership success in influencing internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated thought leadership and aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Fluent in English and at least one of Cantonese or Mandarin
- Bachelor s degree required MBA is a plus
Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 unless, by reason of a medical or health condition, a reasonable accommodation (such as the option for regular testing, remote working etc.) is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions