Customer Success Specialist
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 600 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
A little bit about the function you will be a part of
The Customer Success team is a huge part of Tyro’s growth and success and responsible for managing a portfolio of Retail and Hospitality customers who are medium and above in size. We actively maintain a strong culture that allows us to be more flexible and offer our customers a higher level of service than other banks.
Reporting to the Customer Success Manager, you will be a vital member of the Account Management team. Your key responsibility will be to grow your existing portfolio of medium and above business customers, ensure customer satisfaction is met which then leads to the retention of these important customers.
- Manage the needs of a portfolio of existing Tyro customers to retain business and minimise churn
- Action various triggers for retention and product purposes in a timely manner
- Lead negotiations and manage analysis on rates comparisons to retain your merchant base.
- Generate referrals for new business by fostering strong relationships with existing customers
- Seek to identify growth opportunities in the designated portfolio, including the creation of corporate and franchise groups
- Pro-actively look for opportunities for Tyro banking and eComm products within a portfolio
- Proactively seek to expand their knowledge on Tyro's products and services and stay up to date with any changes
- Work with account admins, customer support, and financial support to ensure that day-to-day customer needs are met in an efficient and timely manner
- Escalate any customer who is deemed to be ‘dissatisfied’ through our IDR process
Skills & Experience
- Have an enthusiasm for customer service
- Have a keen attention to detail and follow-up
- Have excellent time management
- Build strong relationships both with customers and internally
- Continuously look for opportunities for process improvements
- Have loads of initiative
- Contribute to the energetic and vibrant Tyro culture
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 650 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking