IT Service Program Delivery Director
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This position is responsible for technology leadership and operational support for the Japan debit processing technology assets. You will be expected to work closely with the Visa product team and third-party technology managed service vendors to support all phases of the development and deployment life cycle. In addition, you will work closely with the Visa Issuing Solutions Product Development technology team to assist in all aspects of service management and continuous service improvement. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and be prepared to do a little bit of everything.
- The role will report to the US IT manager responsible for Japan Debit Issuer Processing services and will be expected to work closely with the Tokyo office IT and business teams. This role will be dotted line reporting into the Japan Product team.
- Lead technology vendor relationships for third-party technology services for Japan Debit Issuer Processing, working closely with external technology partners in all phases of the product life cycle.
- First point of contact for service management of all technology incident and problem escalations with third party technology vendors and internal Visa staff - this will require off hours work whenever needed, and the candidate is expected to be available to lead all related activities. Also, to prevent the occurrence of the same incident again, candidate will need to ensure implementation of required remediations.
- Must perform proactive activities designed to promote continuous service improvement and trouble free service operation, not only the assets at technology vendors, but also Visa assets.
- Accountable for driving contract renewals for long term technology contracts with third party vendors, coordinating with the business, and other critical functions like finance, sourcing and legal teams.
- Technical leadership and guidance to ensure best practices in all phases of the development, deployment and ongoing service management for the Japan processing assets.
- Candidate will also be expected to be a local office technology expert, and be able to provide technical consulting and advice.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Visa's internal teams to establish priorities, manage software delivery schedules and maintain ongoing service management.
- Manage technology delivery projects with third-party technology providers, reviewing and approving project deliverables.
- Candidate must review and approve technology reports from third-party technology providers and deliver critical analysis of key performance indicators.
- Comfortable working with both technical and business staff, and flexible in working on a wide variety of tasks spanning the application development life cycle, deployment and service management.
- The candidate must be a good team player and self-motivated in completing any given task with a positive attitude.
- Some administrative work is expected, including coordinating internal meetings as well as with vendors, receiving and directing visitors.
- Provide backup responsibilities for local technology staff, including managing relationships with non-technology support vendors (including translators, interpreters).
- Candidate is also expected to have a market / client focused working style, based on an understanding of the local market / client situation.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Position will be based at Visa's Tokyo Office.
- 12+ years IT experience, including 5+ years payment industry experience.
- 10+ years software/hardware/business application implementation experience
- 10+ years network infrastructure operational or implementation experience
- Digital payments technology knowledge and implementation experience.
- Understanding and experience of 24/7 technology and systems operations.
- Advanced communication / negotiation skills, exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively globally, and across functional lines.
- Proficient in English and Japanese, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle the given tasks independently or with minimal supervision.
- Relevant experience leading third party technology managed services.
- Proven track record delivering results in a matrix management organization.
- Good understanding of ITIL service management principles, with demonstrated experience managing operational incidents and being the lead technology point of contact for the technology service.
- Strong relevant working knowledge in:
- Vendor management of third party technology providers in a managed services agreement
- High availability and scalable parallel processing application development concepts and principles
- Disaster Recovery and business continuity concepts and principles
- Information Security concepts and principles
- HP NonStop application development concepts and principles
- UNIX/Linux application development concepts and principles
- J2EE application development concepts and principles
- Relational data base concepts and principles.
- Technical degree required, advance degree preferred.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Japan and are unable to offer new immigration sponsorship.
Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions