Regulatory Product Compliance Manager - Southeast Asia
We’re looking for a Regulatory Product Compliance Manager to work alongside our Southeast Asia Product Team. You will work with the Southeast Asia Product Managers, to support an expanding team of Bankers, Engineers, and Operations Specialists to help grow Wise’s presence in our Southeast Asia markets.
Your primary focus will be to help the Product Team to identify and effectively manage regulatory compliance risks across a range of existing and new products in Southeast Asia. You will be expected to maintain a strong awareness of the impact of regulation on commercial viability and technological innovation.
Launch New Products and Features:
- Collaborate with Product Teams throughout the product lifecycle: from design and user testing, to launch and post-launch monitoring.
- Empower Product Teams to take a risk based approach to building products, processes and controls.
- Collaborate to build practical and customer oriented product solutions while ensuring that the product remains compliant;
- Identify opportunities to improve our product proposition / competitiveness by thoroughly analysing relevant regulations and challenging existing interpretations and market practice.
Manage and Mitigate Regulatory Risks:
- Identify and manage regulatory risks across all Wise products offered in Southeast Asia;
- Perform pre-launch and ongoing risk assessments, offering effective advice to Product Managers on existing and forthcoming regulations, gaps and risks;
- Create solutions to regulatory risk problems and drive execution and implementation of these solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Compliance Oversight Team to ensure Product Teams are aware of new and upcoming regulations.
Maintain an enterprise wide view of risk:
- Escalate breaches and high rated risks to Compliance Oversight in order to help maintain an enterprise-wide view of Wise’s regulatory risk environment;
- Identify related risk typologies and ensure that the relevant specialist teams (i.e. Financial Crime, Privacy, Treasury, Finance) have provided input into the product lifecycle;
- Assist Product Teams in the tracking of relevant risks across their product, including mitigation plans, action owners and timelines to completion.
A bit about you:
- Previous experience providing compliance advice within Financial Services, preferably with a focus on Payment Services and / or Electronic Money;
- Deep working knowledge of the way Payment Services and Electronic Money are regulated in Southeast Asia, particularly in Singapore and Malaysia;
- Familiar with the evolving regulatory expectations of regional regulators with regards to Payment Services / Electronic Money firms;
- Previous experience advising on Financial Instruments launches in Southeast Asia a plus;
- Ability to effectively communicate with Product Managers and Engineers and provide practical, actionable, and value added recommendations;
- Problem solving attitude, with the ability to use regulations together with data to drive business decisions;
- Experience (or interest) in working in a fast-growing technology driven environment;
- Willing to travel (after lock-down restrictions) for about 25% of the time as Wise offices are located across different countries.
- Willing and able to work in Singapore.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Formerly TransferWise. Still building the world's most international account