Senior / Privacy Specialist, APAC
At Wise, our customers trust us when it comes to their Security and Privacy and our in-house Privacy team is growing.
The global Privacy Team looks after all jurisdictions and you’ll be expected to take ownership of topics from Day 1 with genuine autonomy - one of the things that makes Wise different and exciting. You’ll be faced with a huge variety of privacy challenges and have the opportunity to be recognised as the Wise expert on cutting-edge topics by researching and working with other teams to implement solutions that work for our customers and Wise.
The business looks to the Privacy Team to help solve their problems and understand their privacy risks. You’ll drive the appropriate strategies and capabilities with multiple business, technology and support teams to fulfil our own unique commitment to transparency. You’ll be encouraged to develop relationships with other Wisers all the way up to senior management.
By gaining the trust of internal teams, you’ll be involved in their projects from start to finish.
Along the way, you’ll benefit from the support of a tight-knit Privacy team, the wider Legal tribe and the other teams at Wise - everyone wants to help you live your best life at Wise and contribute to the Wise Mission..
What You’ll Work On
Once you are in the role you will work on the following:
- As a subject matter expert you will be responsible for supporting and advising on all matters surrounding data protection/privacy.
- Together with the APAC team, own the impact of APAC and Middle East Privacy Regulations on Wise, including both customer and employee personal data.
- Partner with all key business areas to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects/initiatives (Privacy by Design)
- Maintain documentation between Wise APAC and Middle East entities and other Wise group entities to meet evolving local requirements as well as the GDPR and UK GDPR.
- Maintain Wise APAC and Middle East privacy registrations in compliance with local regulations.
- Horizon-scan for new developments in APAC and Middle East Privacy Regulations and keep the relevant stakeholders informed.
- Be a primary point of contact for Privacy questions and issues raised in the APAC time-zone.
- Play a full part in the global Privacy Team in managing business as usual tasks and global privacy initiatives.
- Developing and delivering privacy training to business functions to raise employee awareness.
- Support periodic audits of data protection compliance within Wise.
- Assist with the investigation, resolution and reporting of data privacy complaints and breaches.
- Assist with the fulfilment of data subject rights requests, third party contract reviews, and the investigation, resolution and reporting of data privacy complaints and breaches.
To thrive in this role, you will be a self-starter, a great influencer and communicator, and have a love of learning. You will be comfortable working in grey areas and making judgement calls at speed. You will be obsessed with detail and happy handling competing priorities and differences of opinion. You will have strong project management skills, and be able to work independently and go through walls to get it done, but also enjoy collaborating with others. You will like shining a light on seemingly hairy problems and collaborating with cross-functional teams to find practical solutions. And you will enjoy bringing the subject of privacy to life for people with a bit of lightness along the way:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in Data Protection and Privacy laws and regulations compliance in APAC and the EU/UK.
- Thrive in an environment where you have to get to know people, the Wise product and the technology that underpins it.
- Able to use a range of communication and influencing techniques to successfully negotiate, collaborate or effect change, in relation to data protection and privacy matters with different stakeholders at all levels within the business across multiple jurisdictions.
- Self-starter, confident working in a distributed environment.
- A team player with an enthusiastic, positive and proactive mind-set, willing to support teams in achieving their goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision but a willingness to provide assistance and share experiences.
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced fun and dynamic environment.
- Relevant privacy qualification, such as CIPM, CIPP or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in China and India privacy compliance.
- Previous experience in a consumer MNC.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Formerly TransferWise. Still building the world's most international account