Sanctions Screening Team Lead
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Your mission is to manage a team that allows us to build processes putting our customers first, while being aware of the risks surrounding the industry, specific products and requirements set to us by regulations and partners. Having in mind the development of the service level and globalisation of Wise, you’ll provide visibility, guarantee collaboration and opportunities to improve the state and scalability of operations, making sure we are compliant in our processes and the product, as well as forecasting required resources.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Hire, lead, develop and manage a Sanctions operational team, including amongst others administrative tasks such as scheduling, interviewing, hiring, occasional trainings, organising team activities, etc
- Measure team's KPIs and plan capacity and maintain focus on customer experience; as well as taking ownership of various projects
- Develop effective operational processes, task allocation, training and performance management to deliver regulatory obligations, risk management and great customer experience with a tightly managed cost base
- Be accountable for quality assurance of Sanctions team, taking decisions within our policy framework and working with compliance to evolve both our policies and processes
- Work across various teams contributing to operational enhancements and ensuring compliance to applicable regulations
- Collaborating with fellow leads and specialists to foster creativity, innovation and up-skilling across team levels.
- You are a Malaysian Citizen (Please note we cannot sponsor visas for this role)
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent, additional language skill is a plus
- Previous management experience in operations is a plus
- You have previous work experience in a financial sector or similar, sanctions experience is a plus.
- You can multitask and take charge in different situations
- You have ability to build and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- You have great communication and presentations skills to assist on internal and external projects and audits
- You have the ability to analyze and move team’s metrics, while assisting different area specialists
- You have proven track record of taking ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player
- You are able to persevere in a fast paced environment
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English, and answering the application questions. In your cover letter please explain your interest in this role and why do you want to join Wise.
Please note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Formerly TransferWise. Still building the world's most international account