Senior Solutions Engineer (Remote, Australia)
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for 2 million merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
About The Role
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you help break down technical barriers to enable our sales and partners team to show high growth, high volume, and complex merchants how they can accelerate the growth of their business with Shopify. You will consult on their ecommerce technology stack and business objectives, and provide guidance on how to best leverage the Shopify platform and ecosystem. You will also advise on best practices around complex integrations and provide solutions to set them up for long-term success on our platform.
Solutions Engineers are Shopify advocates and represent the Shopify brand, values, and product, the role includes merchant-facing activities, including remote and on-site engagements with merchants and supporting community events. You'll be partnering with large Shopify Plus merchants across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, and be a key source of insight to provide feedback to Shopify’s Product, Engineering and User Experience teams.
This position will report into the APAC Solutions Engineering Lead.
Requirements for the role:
- At least 5 years of experience in B2B pre-sales solutions engineering
- An expert on Shopify and regional specific commerce applications, ecosystems, and integrations
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- A desire to learn, master and teach our growing enterprise customers, partner agencies, and internal teams
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Familiarity with web APIs, middleware development, and front end development
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to our sales and partner teams through various channels
- Working to help advise merchants (including their development partners) on technical solutions for the best business success on the platform.
- Creating customized product demos and proof of concepts for use live or recorded virtual client demonstrations
- Exploring creative ways to develop on the platform and answering inquiries about our APIs
- Mentor and coach the sales team on technical aspects of Shopify
- Be an advocate/trusted advisor for the merchant always by bringing your insights and knowledge to our product teams
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business