Project Manager - Payments
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
As the world works and lives faster, FIS is leading the way. Our fintech solutions touch nearly every market, company and person on the planet. Our teams are inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues work together and celebrate together. If you want to advance the world of fintech, we’d like to ask you: Are you FIS?
About the role:
In this Senior Project Management/Release Manager role you will use best-in-breed PM tools to help us deliver products that will change the world of fintech. You will be working with significant managed services clients to successfully deliver major projects.
What you will be doing:
You will be working in a small PMO team and will be responsible for all aspects of assigned technical payment projects. You will also:
- Manage the development and/or enhancement of products and services
- Control quarterly releases of payments projects and scheme compliance projects to a production environment
- Plan and co-ordinate all aspects of technical projects from initiation through to delivery
- Develop, define and execute project plans, project scope, activities, budgets and deliverables
- Interact with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and other cross functional teams
- Manage project risks, issues and problems and activity progress to ensure project goals
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical teams in internal organisations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organisations
What you will need:
You will have a proven background in Project Management with around 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role. You will also have experience or exposure to Release Management. In addition you will have:
- A strong understanding of project management methodologies
- Experience in infrastructure delivery
- Experience with release management of small software projects
- Skills in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
- A client focused approach
- A relevant tertiary degree along with Prince II PMBok certification or similar
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with people from various backgrounds
- Experience in payments or the finance industry with knowledge of card scheme compliance or other POS or ATM projects would be ideal
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Always-on learning and development
- A competitive salary and benefits including medical insurance and employee share scheme
- Opportunities to give back
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests