Senior Solutions Engineer (Remote, Japan)
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for 2 million merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
About The Role
As a Solutions Engineer, you help break down technical barriers to enable our sales and partners team to show high growth, high volume, and complex merchants how they can accelerate the growth of their business with Shopify.
Requirements for the role:
- At least 5 years of experience in B2B pre-sales/solutions engineering
- An expert on Shopify and regional specific commerce applications, ecosystems, and integrations
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- A desire to learn, master and teach our growing enterprise customers, partner agencies, and internal teams
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Familiarity with web APIs, middleware development, and front end development
- Native or fluent in Japanese & English
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to our sales and partner teams through various channels
- Working to help advise merchants (including their development partners) on technical solutions for the best business success on the platform.
- Creating customized product demos and proof of concepts for use live or recorded virtual client demonstrations
- Exploring creative ways to develop on the platform and answering inquiries about our APIs
- Mentor and coach the sales team on technical aspects of Shopify
- Be an advocate/trusted advisor for the merchant always by bringing your insights and knowledge to our product teams
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business