Sr. Data Scientist, Visa Consulting & Analytics Thailand
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results.
The individual will be part of VCA Data Science geographic team cluster of Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand (SMT) markets, and will be responsible for leading data science engagements with Visa's clients in Thailand. The team is involved in a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management, digital strategy and portfolio management.
What a Sr. Data Scientist, Visa Consulting & Analytics does at Visa:
The Sr. Data Scientist will be a member of VCA Data Science team in Asia Pacific and will report to the Head of Data Science overseeing the SMT cluster. The position will be based at Visa’s Bangkok office in Thailand.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Manage and deliver analytics projects from conception to completion with actionable insights and recommendations
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data and new modelling techniques fit for purpose to the needs of our clients
- Enhance existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics field
- Engage with external clients, and manage internal as well as external stakeholders
- Define detailed scope and methodology as well as create and execute on the framework with appropriate data mining techniques
- Work with Visa data to create data-driven solutions
- Build data science visualization capabilities to solve client's problems
- Drive innovation through using data science techniques
- Act as a data science advocate within our partners, advising and coaching analytical teams and sharing best practices and case studies.
- Continually look at the environment to challenge our assumptions around new sources of data, potential analytics partners, tools, talent and infrastructure.
- Explore leading methodologies and best practices of other teams and import successful methodologies from other international markets
- Take on people management responsibilities
Why this is important to Visa
As payments consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialized experts who can provide best-in-class payment expertise and data-driven strategies to clients. We are building a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts and statisticians helping major organizations adapt and evolve to meet the changes taking place in technology, finance, and commerce; with cutting-edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions. The purpose of the team is to help Visa’s clients grow their business and solve problems by providing consulting services through the use of data.
What you will need:
We are looking for a motivated, analytical minded individual with a track record of using data science and analytics expertise to unlock business value. A successful candidate should have accumulated a variety of industry experience, be curious about payments industry and application of data analytics, is results-driven and client-centric.
- Degree (Masters or Ph.D. would be an advantage) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years in performing data exploration and feature engineering
- Deep analytical expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Proficiency with modelling software; experience with Python, Hadoop, Hive, Impala or similar instruments
- Practical experience in building and applying machine learning models (regression, clustering, classification: gradient boosting, random forests, linear models, deep learning etc.); understanding in how these algorithms work and end-to-end development skills from business understanding and data preparation to quality assurance of ML models
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple analytic projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions and solve business problems
- Strong internal team and external client stakeholder management with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Effective presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Solutions-focused mindset
What Will Also Help
- Strong understanding of Payments and the Banking Industry including Consumer Credit, Consumer debit, Small Business, Commercial, Co-Brand and Merchant
- In-market experience and/or knowledge of local language and culture as well as regulation and industry trends
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions