Senior Database Administrator
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
You will join the team who manages MYOB's database infrastructure in a hybrid cloud environment. You will support the MYOB SQL Server on-premise and growing cloud fleet, to ensure effective operation of the database infrastructure and related systems. As a member of this small, agile, highly skilled team you will deliver outstanding outcomes through automation and infrastructure as code solutions.
We are passionate about making a difference to our customers, through a stable and maintainable database infrastructure. We drive performance and stability improvements as our products evolve, taking advantage of new technologies and automation.
If you are excited by the idea of being part of a team dedicated to nurturing improvement and want to join us on our journey, we would love to hear from you.
What we'd love you to bring
- Solid experience managing Microsoft SQL Server enterprise environments on virtual platforms, both on-premise (e.g. VMware) and in the public cloud (e.g. AWS and/or Azure) and Operating cloud based database environments like Amazon RDS
- Good understanding of both database infrastructure & query performance tuning of complex TSQL queries and stored procedures.
- Systems administration experience across the Microsoft Server and application stack. i.e. HADR solutions management, SSRS and SSIS.
- Experience with one or more major scripting languages, TSQL, e.g. PowerShell/Python/Bash
- Love sharing your knowledge and skills to help mature and educate the wider MYOB teams
- Have a passion for ensuring the best outcomes for both our internal and external clients
- You thrive in an Agile, fast paced work environment
- Self-motivated and can work both independently and as part of a team
- Professional and confident when communicating with clients during support calls.
It would be a bonus if you have knowledge of:
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Aurora, and Cloud Migration experience.
- Further systems administration experience such as Windows Server deployment, management and troubleshooting, and architecture design, or Windows Failover Clustering Availability Groups.
- Related technologies such as Storage, Backup solutions, Active Directory and Networking.
- Sumo, Git, and PowerBi
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more