Senior Research Marketing Manager
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Research Manager who will work closely with our external agency partners and internal stakeholders to help craft our customer and marketing programs to be the very best they can be.
This role will be responsible for identifying customer needs, triggers and barriers that affect behaviour and act as the voice of the customer. In addition, you’ll be responsible for pulling together an extensive amount of customer data collected and held by various teams across the business to create an accurate and visual picture of our customer base.
In this role you will:
- Build and deliver quantitative and qualitative market research insights for use across the business including our global expansion markets
- Support the Director, Marketing Research on ongoing project management of multiple projects including ANZ and US markets including Brand Health tracker, Campaign Evaluation, Segmentation, Product research, VoC among others
- Drive NPS studies at various touchpoints and deep dive projects in line with business needs and priorities
- Develop a clear, focused questionnaire or discussion guide aligned with key project objectives, with limited assistance
- Conduct ad hoc quantitative analysis as required, using Excel or Q
- Prepare stakeholder presentations and deliverables, ensuring these are tailored to stakeholder requirements. Blending internal analytics as appropriate to create holistic audience insights
- Clearly and confidently communicate and share research findings to the business, within required timeframes
- Confidently present at high level meetings
- Ensure fieldwork is managed accurately, within timelines and budgets, and project manage requirements that are understood by all parties involved
- Building relationships, Collaborating & Influencing
- Cultivate strong, productive relationships with internal stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Product and Strategy and external stakeholders such as research and behavioural economics agencies
- Connect with all stakeholders, to shape a collective point of view and feed into research plans
- Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both acts as true peers and decisions are shared
- Key point of contact for research agencies–obtain costs and service agreements
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 7+ year’s professional experience in marketing and customer insights, previously held Research & Insights Manager roles
- Masters degree in research field preferred – ideally in Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Psychology, Communications etc
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to distill the output of complex data sets to business applications
- Experience with designing, leading and implementing Market Research projects
- Experience with primary and secondary research methods
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, with the confidence to interact and lead others in a variety of settings
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Open for input and feedback, while being able to influence people being challenged by change
- Sound project management skills are important, along with the ability to manage timelines, budgets and project documentation
- Strong numeracy skills, comfortable dealing with large data sets to synthesize, generate insights, establish priorities, and communication recommendations and actions
- Hands on tools experience on Q, Microsoft suite and Google docs
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency
- Good level of emotional intelligence and empathy
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.