Partnerships Director, APAC
Thought Machine’s mission is bold – to properly and permanently rid the world’s banks of legacy technology. To achieve this, we have developed the foundations of modern banking and built core and payments technology which runs natively in the cloud. What we are attempting is hard and means we need great people working together to build great technology.
We have grown rapidly in the past few years – growing our team to more than 500 individuals across offices in London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne. We have raised more than $500m in funding and are now valued at $2.7bn. Our investors include Molten Ventures, Eurazeo, Intesa Sanpaolo, Temasek, Nyca Partners, JPMorgan Chase, Standard Chartered, and more.
We have created a culture enabling our team to produce the best work in the industry, ensuring we have fun along the way. We're regularly cited as having a fantastic workplace culture and have been recognised by Sifted magazine as having one of the highest Glassdoor ratings for a UK fintech company and the most generous employee share package in the industry. We've been named in the IDC list of top 100 fintechs, CB Insights’ top 250 fintech companies in the world, and achieved global awards for our workplace culture and client work.Partnerships are a crucial part of Thought Machine’s sales, technology, and business strategy. As the APAC Partnerships Director, you develop and own the the partnership strategy for the entire region, which includes:
- Developing and executing go-to-market strategies with strategy and financial services consultancies to amplify our message and build market awareness of Thought Machine.
- Identifying, prioritizing, and fostering engagement with technology vendors with the aim of building a compelling, complete banking ecosystem for the Asia Pacific market.
- Working with system integration partners to build market awareness, generate leads and opportunity influence, and ensure they are enabled to deliver client deployments.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the major public cloud vendors and building joint value propositions that help migrate bank core workloads to the cloud
- Collaborating closely with Thought Machine’s sales team to generate leads via partners and marketing to build Thought Machine’s brand.
- Collaborating closely with Thought Machine’s client delivery team to ensure partners are properly engaged to implement Thought Machine’s solutions.
- Building, developing, and managing a high performing partner team.
- Identifying, qualifying and recruiting new partners and develop these relationships, as well as building commercial constructs.
- Experience working with Financial Institutions, especially Banks, and deep knowledge of Bank products, processes, and systems.
- Strong understanding of the core platform landscape and where Thought Machine fits
- Commercial business development or previous partnerships experience with a track record of achieving commercially successful outcomes.
- Able to understand and articulate customer needs effectively and in detail to drive good customer outcomes.
- Experience building, developing, and leading teams.
- This role is client and partner facing so confidence in building a story and presenting is essential.
- Experience with commercial and contract negotiations.
- Able to think laterally and explore creative go-to-market solutions with partners and customer solution design.
- Partnership Management experience within Fintech / Banking (Retail and Business).
- Experience in a strategy or advisory firm, with excellent knowledge of computing and core banking systems.
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus incentive
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- $1,500 SGD per year flexible spend benefit
- All the latest tech you need
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Thought Machine has built the next generation of core banking platforms.