Director, Retail & Commerce AP Market Development
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Retail & Commerce AP Market DevelopmentWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Based out of Singapore the role of Director – R&C Asia Pacific, Market Development offers the successful individual the opportunity to leverage their Co-Brand, Account Management and Business Development strengths to manage a blend of highly successful global merchant accounts and create new strategic partnerships with merchants across AP. Based within the Market Development Function you will work across Mastercard’s diverse services and technology solutions to deliver incremental revenue to Mastercard and our R&C partners.
• Responsible for Co-Brand Strategy and execution, Account Management/Business Development, planning, execution and pipeline creation, this diverse position requires a self-motivated, commercially pragmatic business developer with strong relationship management and influencing skills.
• Responsible for all aspects of business development activities including creation and execution of a detailed sales pipeline for key global merchants that will drive Co-Brand, market share, increase volume and deliver incremental revenue growth.
• Leverage profitability modeling, financial forecasting, and competitive analysis to identify pipeline and manage existing merchants.
• Identify and develop strong relationships with key decision makers (C-Suite) within Global and pipeline merchants across multiple functions (digital, loyalty, marketing, services, C&I).
• Partner with cross functional teams including Data & Services, C&I, Product, Marketing to create incremental revenue opportunities based on identified Merchant needs.
• Provide superior strategic account management for Global merchant through robust account planning – building a deep understanding of customer needs, defining creative solutions to meet those needs, and working effectively across internal functions to bring together the resources required to deliver enhanced value to the customer.
• Execute and monitor progress against business plans.
• Negotiate, execute, and manage the customer contract agreement process, ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have minimum 5-10 years’ experience within the merchant and/or payments/service industry with consultative B2B sales experience.
• Good understanding of Co-Brand’s including economics.
• Possess solid knowledge of the payments and card industry, ideally with experience working with retailers, airlines, and other industries.
• Have broad or extensive experience with sales strategy development and execution in complex/global accounts.
• Extensive track record in achieving success/profitability for key customer accounts.
• Experience in negotiating challenging situations and closing complex deals.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Mastercard's core products and services
• Consistently delivers thoughtful market and business analysis to support hypothesis
• Comfortable to lead customer engagements and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Operate unsupervised, with a sense of urgency
• Results driven and able to focus on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Dynamic, forward-thinking positive team player, adept at engaging and leveraging internal resources to achieve success & contributing to the wider team environment
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing, and closing complex, competitive sales efforts and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Ability to manage and grow internal and external cross functional relationships and partnerships with executives at all levels
• Sound business judgment with established strategic and conceptual thinking and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; a self-starter who functions without a large infrastructure around them
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical skills – utilizing internal and external data to manage performance
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices.
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed.
Report any suspected information security violation or breach and complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities