Director of Communications
What we do
Founded in 2011, Coda Payments (“Coda”) is the leading provider of secure, cross-border monetisation solutions for digital products and services in more than 60 markets. Through our three services: Codashop, xShop, and Codapay, we help top digital content publishers worldwide such as Activision Blizzard (Call of Duty: Mobile, Diablo Immortal), Riot Games (VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift), Moonton (Mobile Legends: Bang Bang), Garena (Free Fire), Tencent (PUBG Mobile), beIN, Bigo Live, Tinder, and Viu to monetise their content and unlock new revenue streams.
Headquartered in Singapore, Coda has 11+ offices and 35+ remote locations worldwide. To date, we have over 500 employees of 42 nationalities working together towards the same mission: to offer our customers the best value, experience and entertainment every day, without fail.
In 2022, we have also been named the 5th fastest growing fintech company in the APAC by the Financial Times, the 13th fastest growing company in Singapore by the Straits Times, and a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum.
Coda is looking for an ambitious, and forward-thinking Director of Communications. You will lead the strategic development and execution of all communication efforts and optimize the earned media presence for Coda across all global channels. You will be an integral member of the Marketing team, reporting directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Owning the PR strategy and execution for Coda across all aspects of public communication including corporate, industry, and consumer.
- Creating a narrative that extends our growth momentum throughout multiple audiences.
- Building and executing strategic PR plans, including developing plans in line with other business initiatives, communicating plans internally and securing leadership approvals.
- Overseeing and being accountable for the agencies' performance and contractor relationships.
- Ensuring that all B2C and B2B communication efforts are aligned with our overall goals and company initiatives.
- Cultivating and managing relationships with relevant gaming, esports, tech, and digital business industry reporters. Staying apprised of timely relevant press opportunities and news-driven conversations.
- Identifying new strategies and innovative tools to insert ourselves into relevant conversations that amplify our work, increase our visibility, and influence the public narrative.
- Pitching and managing relevant brand partners or spokespeople who align with our strategic objectives and brand positioning.
- Working closely with Exco, the Marketing, Product, Publisher Teams, and other internal groups to cohesively approach projects and activities.
- Working closely with the PR Agency Of Record to support the development of planning, execution, crisis communications and issues management.
- Hiring, onboarding and mentoring new Communications team members.
- Setting and managing the Communications KPIs for Coda at a year-long and campaign-based level while generating monthly and quarterly reports.
- Overseeing and appropriately managing a global budget tracked back to performance-driven KPIs.
- Scaling our media operations to new markets.
- 8+ years of corporate or agency experience - expertise in gaming is preferred.
- High standard for great work and a demonstrated track record of leading high-performing Communication teams.
- Active and relevant top-tier media relationships within the US.
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills, with strong strategic capabilities and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Out-of-the-box thinking to drive brand building, excellent writing and storytelling.
- Proactive, action-oriented and able to operate with a sense of urgency.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills backed by excellent judgment.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional and culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as necessary to represent Coda at events, meet with regional teams and build partner relationships.
Working at Coda
Life at Coda is fast-paced, challenging, and fun. As a rapidly growing global company, we’re always looking to step up and adapt to changes quickly; there is never a dull day at Coda.
Nonetheless, we value work-life balance as much as you do. At Coda, remote and flexible working arrangements take centre stage for Codans to work smartly and have autonomy in how they work.
We make things happen in the most impactful and effective manner. We are looking for someone eager to initiate new ideas, hungry to contribute more, derives satisfaction from team wins rather than individual ones, and values integrity. If this sounds like you, you will fit perfectly into our Coda team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, age, religion, disability, or other local protected class. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment for all employees, and we welcome the diversity that you will bring!
We are sorry to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified as we may be overwhelmed by the number of applicants coming into our system; hence if you do not get a reply from us - don’t give up on us just yet!
We encourage you also to check out our career site at https://www.codapayments.com/careers - we may have other suitable openings for you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are the platform of choice for taking life's digital experiences over the top.