Senior Business Development Manager- Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
Our consumer and SME business, Instarem, is on a mission to simplify money for customers across the world by leveraging the latest technology and being the change-driver for the complexities around global payments. Customers that use Instarem, are empowered to do more with their money in an intuitive, transparent, and cost-effective manner.
Instarem began in 2015 with a vision to simplify the cross-border payments experience. While continuing to be an expert in consumer remittances, the team behind Instarem expanded and scaled its offerings to meet the needs of SMEs, Financial Institutions, Enterprises, and even other payment service providers. That expansion included an innovative technology infrastructure that makes sending, spending and receiving money across borders faster, more transparent, and better integrated with our customers’ lives and business needs. InstaReM is powered by the same platform that we offer our enterprise clients. That platform is Nium.
Our network is powered by our portfolio of licenses, hard-earned by building trust with financial regulators in over 38 countries. This combination of regulatory and tech assets is unique to Nium and is at the core of our unique value proposition.
Where do you come into the picture?
Joining the Hong Kong Consumer and SME team, your primary responsibility will be to acquire new SME clients in North Asia for the Instarem.com platform. Along with delivering new clients, you will generate incremental revenues from existing clients by understanding their needs and introducing new products from our portfolio. You will also be required to manage and expand number of partnership programs that will deliver new business relationships to the company.
You will be spending a good amount of your energy understanding new clients, acquiring new clients, regularly analyzing the key clients’ business, operations, and performance, and work with the management team and peers in other functional areas to leverage best practices and provide consistent high competent sales skills.
What would a day in your life @ Instarem look like?
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree of effectiveness while engaging in sales management, relationship management, and account management across the various domains the have our presence such as banking, financial services, credit card processing, e-commerce, or payments.
- Identify, secure, and manage relationships with clients across North Asia, effectively negotiating and persuading potential clients the value that Instarem can add to their business.
- Have a constant drive to go beyond past performance and visibly demonstrate track record-beating performance when it comes to achieving financial targets via cross-selling and upselling, and ability to generate sales leads, effectively negotiate, and close transactions.
- Work into and effectively navigate the respective financial and fintech regulatory environment
- Generate revenue from clients, and achieve pre-agreed targets on customer flows, revenues and profitability.
- Calm and conscientiously manage high-pressure situations across a range of clients with different business needs and operating environments across the region.
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals
- Proactively scout for opportunities in the marketplace through direct contact as well as partners. The job will involve building relationships with key players in SME’s, financial firms, marketplaces, eCommerce providers and others to generate qualified opportunities, mapping the account, influencing key decision-makers, convincing the client about the value proposition, and closing the deal.
- An entrepreneurial, ‘can-do’ mindset combined with 8+ years of direct hands-on experience selling payments to SME’s in Hong Kong and North Asia
- Having business development, sales, and origination experience across multiple geographies, ideally in cross border payments will be a plus
- Robust network of contacts and strong understanding of financial, eCommerce, banking, payments, and financial services industries.
- Ability to manage and optimize 3rd party partnerships that can deliver new business opportunities
- Revenue target achievement occurs as a logical outcome of how you approach creating value for customers and not the other way around
- Commercially focused and pragmatic, have the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions.
- Result-oriented, client-focused, and obsessed with simultaneously delivering value and delight.
- Data-driven, analytical, and fully understand the diverse ways in which our ecosystem of products can be further adopted by our customers
- Ability to deep dive into customers' use case and approach solutions with complete empathy, effectively playing the role of problem-solver for the customer.
- Self-motivated, adept in working solo as well as in global teams. Ability to work in a “hands-on” environment.
- Exceptional relationship management, negotiation skills & most importantly, the ability to close deals.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Home Office setup allowance
- Training & Development
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Parental and Family leave
- Year-end leaves
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The World’s Payment Infrastructure in One API