Staff/Senior Risk Data Scientist
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Role: This is a diverse role working within Airwallex’s risk product & analytics domain with a focus on delivering data insights to drive product & analytics optimisations and enhancements. Airwallex is building a centralised risk platform that will harness advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to enable real-time decisioning across a diverse range of product lines and platforms. The risk product & analytics domain is responsible for building the platforms, engines & case management whilst also delivering the risk models so you will be involved in crafting the full end-to-end risk capability.
- Work with risk stakeholders throughout the company to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive risk solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from the company database to drive optimization and improvement of risk strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new risk data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop customized data models and algorithms to risk data sets and communicate the insights of the models to related stakeholders.
- Develop A/B testing framework and test model quality for risk product.
- Coordinate with multiple functional teams to implement models and monitor performance.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Math & Statistics, Finance & Economics, Engineering or related data disciplines.
- At least 7 years of experience as a data analyst, data scientist or data engineer.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on risk-related product development.
- Hands-on and solid experiences in using statistical computer languages (Python, R, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, simulation, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.) and experience with applications.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English for coordinating across teams.
- Experience working on data-driven financial risk models (e.g., money-laundering risk, credit risk, fraud risk) is preferred.10 . Experience running data analytics under cloud environments and using web applications is preferred.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime