Senior Associate, First Line Risk
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne CBD
Job Category: Banking and Financial Services,Risk
Judo is on the lookout for a driven individual to join our First Line Risk team, with key skills in Operational Risk and a passion for solving problems.
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
Your dream job:
- Assist with the risk management across Judo, supporting divisional Risk Partners
- Identify and understand applicable operational risks and controls across new projects as well as established processes and products due to changing business needs
- Read and document process maps
- Build effective control testing plans
- Design and execution of appropriate 1st line risk governance and change risk activities
- Apply your technical skills in a dynamic, growing company operating in a highly regulated industry
- Communicate effectively to bring together business needs with the governance required of a bank
- Reporting of Key Risks and Insights to the MB on a monthly basis
Desired Skills and Experience
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- 4+ years experience preferably in financial services or Big 4 professional consulting firm in risk services division (or similar)
- Risk / audit experience
- BPMN Process mapping experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- An understanding of risk frameworks and their practical application, particularly in the financial services industry
- A strong commercial and entrepreneurial mindset
- "Can do attitude" with the ability to get the job done and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Sound analytical skills – ability to proactively identify issues quickly and provide business orientated solutions
- Enthusiasm to be part of #1 LinkedIn Start-ups winner 2019 and 2020
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We Are Looking For People Who Are
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. We are passionate about attracting, embracing and celebrating diverse talent. Judo is a place where everyone belongs, where our people and customers thrive because our unique differences make us collectively stronger. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian SME business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Judo Staff home loan
- Flexible work environment
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business