Who Are We?
We are Athena! A kick-ass army of mighty loan warriors - fighting for the Game-changing Goddess of Good Stuff, so millions of Australians can take control of their financial lives and re-write their future. We are not a bunch of bankers. Unlike them we actually give a buck about the customer. We are here to lighten the loan for Australian’s reducing their mortgage life sentence. Because life is too short for a long home loan. We are now in scale up phase after phenomenal growth since launch in early 2019. We’ve hit many goals since then and 2023 continues to be a huge product development and growth focussed year for us.
We’ve always been told to get a home loan, but Athena wants you to get rid of it. And with it, she’s getting rid of any bullshit, jargon or paperwork- she hates those- and dialling up all the good bits like better design, access, transparency and old-fashioned service (in a new-fashioned digital kinda way).
Whilst we are as far from a bank that a lender can get, we make the same quality commitment to our customers that our products and services meet all of our regulatory commitments and obligations. As we are rapidly growing, we are in search of the perfect Junior Product Manager to join our team of Athenians in developing the best products and features that help customers to love us and then leave us!
Your role will be to work closely with the Senior Product Manager, the Head of Lending Product and the whole Athena team to deliver great customer outcomes through effective product management. You will be helping to drive, and coordinate the delivery of product features and initiatives with a key focus on operational process design, product training, communication materials and business readiness. To achieve this you will work closely with Marketing, Customer Success, Risk and Technology teams.
You will assist in managing product issues and incidents and supporting rectification when issues arise. You will be involved in managing key product changes such as changes to interest rates, fees, features, and terms and conditions.
You will also have key responsibility leading and implementing operational improvements so that we can continue to scale and de-risk our business.
You will have gained experience in a banking or relevant environment in home loans, personal loans or maybe even credit cards but just like many of our customers you’re ready to break free from the chains of the banks to join Athena in our battle to break what’s broken in home loans!
What we are looking for:
- You are highly analytical and financially literate with an in depth understanding of the core mechanics of a home loan or similar lending product.
- Strong stakeholder management and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and create action plans to deliver quality outcomes.
- You are able to work independently and thrive on high quality delivery.
- You have experience in one or more of the following customer domains - acquisition (predominantly online), lending application, credit origination and core product platform.
- You are familiar with website, origination, credit and core lending operations and able to translate product business requirements for Product Owners, engineers etc.
- Good sense of customer needs and how to solve for key pain points.
- Have 3+ years experience experience in relevant roles including product analyst, channel or operational support where you have had a key role in delivering great product outcomes.
- Experience as a business analyst or product owner is highly regarded.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work very well with a wide range of stakeholders, including external vendor management both business and engineering stakeholders.
- Have no ego and just passionate about getting things right for customers.
What Athena offers:
- We're here to help people rewrite their future stories and show Australia there's a lender on their side.
- We lead with heart. In a very short time, we've shaken up the Australian market and put the banks on notice. Our pretty powerful 'why'- setting people free - is working and game-changing.
- This is the opportunity for you to be hands on in building and growing our cloud based lending platform that will literally transform thousands of Australians lives and to turn their home ownership dreams into reality. In our agile way of working, your game-changing ideas can be turned into code and into hands of customers in a matter of sprints rather than years and months.
- Athena is now squarely in the scale up phase so we are looking for someone who has the right deep product experience that wants to use their super-product powers for good.
- In 2021 Athena won AFR’s Most Innovative Company because of our people and our courage to do things differently - this is the chance to be a part of something truly transformational in an industry which has been stagnant for so long. This is the opportunity to work with a team of fast movers and shakers who really want to create some real change in the home loans industry.
- We believe in autonomy, bravery, moving fast and just giving things a go. We are focused on building a company where everyone wants to work because they feel valued, empowered and because they feel passionate about helping customers get out of debt sooner. We're focused on better.
- Work's gotta be fun. It's gotta be rewarding. So don't hold back. Our bunch of diverse individuals wear what they want, speak their mind and let their own brand of freak fly. By learning a lot about different roles, viewpoints and personalities, we all grow in ways we don't expect.
- You are can-do, will-do and continually looking for better ways.
- If working closely with others and shaping the business that's quickly reshaping home loans excites you, get in touch and start your new
Now's the time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Game-Changing Goddess of Good Stuff. Athena is helping Aussies pay off their home loan faster.