People Business Partner
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
People Business Partner
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
This position is an individual contributor role and has responsibility for facilitating human resources related activities within Mastercard. It has a multi markets remit and the responsibilities include implementation of human resources initiatives, human resources strategy and core human resources activities.
The People Business Partner (PBP) will act as a cultural change agent, consultant and business advisor in partnering with employees, managers, leaders to enable the execution of business strategies and initiatives.
The individual in this role will need to work in close collaboration with the business management, the Asia Pacific People & Capability team to ensure processes and initiatives are successfully implemented and effectively developed. This position reports into the Vice President People Business Partner, South-East Asia.
These Activities Include, But Are Not Limited To
The individual in this role will execute against strategic initiatives designed to enhance human resources effectiveness and delivery.
- Partner with management and build and nurture relationships with key internal stakeholders to facilitate human resources partnership
- Partner cross-functionally with COEs, GBSC, and local People Business Partners on the delivery and implementation of human resources programs
- Implement human resources strategies and talent initiatives for the respective markets
- Partner with management to ensure a successful performance management process and a successful change management delivery
- Responsible for planning and implementing leadership development, performance management, rewards and change management initiatives
- Work to ensure global talent and reward strategies are translated accurately and effectively to local markets
- Deliver communication for talent planning, Compensation planning and change-management processes
- Apply knowledge of local laws and regulations to provide high-touch, employee–facing support in the areas of talent management, employee relations, total rewards, recruitment and development
- Manage reporting on relevant human resources metrics, quantitative and qualitative data to provide summaries and recommendations for improvements regarding budgets, staffing forecasts, succession planning and competitive market positioning
All About You
- Demonstrated Human Resources Business Partner experience
- Demonstrated success coordinating and delivering corporate human resources programs/processes (e.g., talent management, year-end compensation planning) and reporting on progress
- Experience in managing local human resources operations for markets in South-East Asia (with a focus on Philippines) including delivering on talent forecasts, succession planning progress and talent review updates
- Demonstrated success when advising and coaching business leaders and other stakeholders on the local human resources environment, market best-practices and all day-to-day employment matters
- Demonstrated success building relationships and collaborating with COEs and other key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in Human Resources and/or HR certification preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives exercising sound judgment, solutions orientation and flexibility
- Must demonstrate the ability to work cross functionally and across multiple geographies
- Must have good influencing skills and strong analytical, presentation, verbal and written communications skills
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities