Treasury Operations Specialist
We’re looking for a Treasury Operations Specialist to join our growing Treasury Team in Singapore. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, being a part of the Finance and Treasury Tribe, helping save millions of people money while moving billions.
Treasury is in charge of moving the right amount in the right currency at the right time to serve our customers while minimizing costs at the same time. To achieve this balance, you will need to be passionate about automating processes, enthusiastic about improving efficiency and ready to take on challenges. As an ideal candidate, you’ll have a sharp mind that allows you to piece together important information to help you make sound decisions in time sensitive situations, and look at the bigger picture to shape your future plans for the team.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll be trusted to move our cash - planning and executing FX trades to make sure customers’ money is where it needs to be at the right time;
- You’ll also be responsible for hedging - keeping an eye on the market and managing exposure risk, so we can keep offering low prices to customers;
- Take ownership of processes within the team, and within the company
- Building relationship and acting as a point of contact with external partners and internal stakeholders
- More than just execution - you’ll be expected to help us find better and more efficient ways to move money around the world - getting us closer to instant and free money transfers;
- Collaborate with payment operations specialists, engineers, analysts and product managers to drive product and process improvements.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate processes that reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face complex and time sensitive situations. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Work and Travel Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and get the chance to visit offices where the Treasury team is located: Tampa, London, Tallinn and Singapore.
- Learn and Grow - You’ll be working alongside a group of smart and fun people, given the autonomy to make decisions and implement projects that contribute to the company’s mission.
A bit about you:
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills
- You are a Singaporean Citizen or PR (Please note we cannot sponsor visas for this role)
- You’re accurate, organised and pay attention to detail. You enjoy owning your work and taking charge on projects when needed
- You’re a clear and honest communicator, persuasive and adaptive to different audiences. You’ll be comfortable resolving issues with external partners around the world and holding conversations with internal stakeholders.
- You’re comfortable with feedback and being part of a team where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You are able to connect the dots very quickly when introduced to new situations and topics
- You are able to think outside the box when figuring out new solutions - we are constantly creating new processes to move money, building new things, often breaking then having to resolve.
- You are able to multitask, be proactive and capable of making decisions independently in time sensitive situations. - dealing with FX is a huge part of daily operations, which means being attentive to cutoffs and deadlines while navigating and prioritizing other tasks.
- You are flexible with your work hours. We work in shift to keep APAC region running, occasionally during weekends and holidays
- You are self-motivated and takes initiative in your own learning and work
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Academic or work experience in Finance/accounting/banking/trading is an advantage!
- You have 1 - 3 years of experience in a responsible operational specialist role - you were trusted to execute operational processes but have been also able to find solutions when this didn’t go as planned;
- You know how to use data to prioritize tasks and support claims.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and cover letter in English
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions (support with examples from past experience):
- Why do you want to join the Treasury team as a Treasury Operation Specialist and what do you wish to accomplish in this role?
- What do you think are the main challenges in the team?
- Why do you think you can succeed in this role?
Please note that applications without a cover letter won't be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Formerly TransferWise. Still building the world's most international account