Sr. SW Test Engineer (Automation and API Testing)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The successful candidate will be a member of the worldwide Network Processing Test Engineer team responsible for delivering quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technologies. As a Sr. QA Engineer based in Singapore, the successful candidate will bring a strong understanding of test engineering and development principles, as well as teamwork skills, to assure quality in a fast-paced and highly complex environment. This position will oversee and contribute to test processes and executions for a number of projects, often running in parallel. The candidate must embrace teamwork and promote a culture of openness and flexibility with his/her business partners and extended team.
This role requires to have both Automation Development Skills as well Manual Functional Testing Skills
Work with Functional Testing SME's to increase the Automation Test Capability
Develop Automation Scenarios and scripts and manage test artifacts/deliverables
Design, develop and troubleshoot automated test scripts to validate the technical and functional integrity of web UI based application components, backend API, bulk framework and reports.
Able to perform Integration testing, System Integration testing, End to End testing, Regression Testing
Hands-on experience in writing test cases for complex projects, test data preparation and test execution.
Collect, analyze and interpret test metrics.
Summarize test data and report findings
Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements.
Monitor debugging process results.
Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- University Recruiting Only: Master’s Degree without experience
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Demonstrable experience in writing clean code quickly. Preferably Java coding.
- Proven work experience in Test Automation and QA.
- Hands on Experience in automating tests using Selenium – Java.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Solid knowledge of SQL queries including understanding of stored procedures
- Good understanding of SOAP and RESTful APIs.
- Experience in test automation tools developments will be Plus
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with functional and non-functional testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Team Player mentality
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills are required
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions