Manager, Global Professional Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a Manager to lead Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan to join our Global Professional Services (GPS) team focusing on our PayPal Enterprise Solution Business. This role is based in our Hong Kong office and requires ~10% travel. As an outstanding customer facing technical leader you will lead PayPal’s GPS team servicing Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan customers. Forming partnerships with commercial and operational counterparts, you will have responsibility proactively driving best in class servicing and implementation of the PayPal platform to ensure world-class commerce experiences and fuel merchant growth. Together with your teams, you will ensure any production technical issues are resolved promptly. We are seeking a dynamic leader with fast innovative thinking skills, exceptional customer focus and solid payment knowledge. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-learner, passionate about problem solving and dedicated to our merchant’s success. Agility is a key attribute for the position and embodying a desire to be a Customer and Merchant Champion.
- Lead the GPS HKT team, execute on strategies that champion integration and servicing but remaining sensitive to the broader PayPal Integration model. Build/hire and retain strong and innovative engineers in the team.
- Provide people leadership, promoting the succession and development of PayPal’s best talent in line with its people values. Support Solution engineers, Integration engineers and Technical Account Managers issues escalation and clear roadblocks on their behalf.
- Target, track and report team performance. Use multiple sources of data to refine execution and resourcing plans to reflect business priorities. Ensure support contacts are resolved in accordance to service levels and commitments.
- Champion ‘best in process’ and efficiencies by implementing new and scalable approaches across the team.
- Develop strong working synergies across all PayPal functions, peers and stakeholders to champion, and drive, the merchant experience.
- Experience of working in customer facing technical teams and partnering with a sales organisation. Can demonstrate strength in delivering business results through influence and motivating reports.
- Strong technical background with 7+ years of work experience in technical delivery / solutioning, product development or technical support roles.
- Fosters an environment that owns and solves complex technical challenges for the most important and demanding customer base.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders across different functions and locations. Navigates organizational boundaries and cultures to execute for their customers.
- Customer focused and change agent with detailed understanding of how to inspire teams to create innovative, customer driven servicing solutions and the critical commercial value this provides.
- Inspirational Coach. Willingness to share expertise and formally introduce new methodologies to drive efficiencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Cantonese/Mandarin and English.
- Bachelor’s with 7+ years of experience involving merchant facing, technical solution and consulting experiences.
- 3+ years of people management experience in solution engineering or Technical management preferred.
- Expert with Web Services and experience in e-commerce software including shopping carts and related tools.
- Strong business acumen of payment processing and gateways is a plus
- Ability to work and collaborate in a global and remote environment
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal