Software Team Leader
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We designWe’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
The Air Traffic Management division is a dynamic solutions business, integrating management of air traffic and airspace services to seamlessly manage airborne and ground-based functions safely, economically and efficiently. The divisions multi skilled software engineers are innovative and collaborative in delivering critical software releases, their expertise facilitates safety critical traffic flow management. This enterprising role will set you up with globally marketable skills and experiences with responsibilities across vast and complex international projects. Specifically, you will:
- Managing all Software Engineering activities within the project, including architecture, design, reuse, development, integration and verification, ensuring all key commitments are met (Scope, Cost, Quality, Schedule, Risk)
- Providing direction, expert advice, mentoring, and workflow management (including task prioritisation and resource coordination) in support of achieving project objectives and milestones
- Leading a multi-skilled team of engineers to deliver software engineering solutions, aligning team capability to meet customer expectations
- Identifying / Reviewing risks, and proposing effective solutions; executing mitigation actions and reporting on outcomes / cost savings and residual risks
- Defining and tailoring the software engineering environment and the process, practices and tools applicable to the project
- Participating in the specification of the functions and interfaces of products to be developed, as well as leading components and defining their architecture and the allocation of functions
- Providing guidance to technical teams with regard to software engineering matters aligned to the agreed architecture, to ensure effectiveness whilst meeting customer requirements
- Ensuring the timely delivery of software releases in support of the integration and test program
How About You?
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or other relevant qualification
- Experience in managing the development of real time and distributed systems in Rail, Traffic, Marine, Aviation or other safety critical disciplines
- Understanding of Earned Value Management, Work Package Control and reporting, with exposure to scheduling tools (MS Project, Primavera etc.)
- Experience of leading engineering teams within a matrix environment
- Experience in total life cycle of complex software development, including processes and responsibilities at each stage
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.