Senior Manager - Technical Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win.
We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe. Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees, or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers. We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Afterpay’s Enterprise Technology team is made up of four key functions:
Support - Make sure our staff have fast and effective help when they need Technical Services
- Build and run the services our staff need enterprise Capability
- Help non-technical business users make smart use of Technology Major Projects
- Build out offices, integrate new acquisitions, and take on other time-boxed work
As the Senior Manager of Technical Services, you will be responsible for building and operating our staff-facing enterprise technology.
This will include managing a team of engineers that will deploy and manage off-the-shelf solutions where they are available or build custom solutions where needed. Although the team is focused on Enterprise Technology, it uses the same technology principles and practices as our product and engineering teams. We are looking for someone who is highly versatile, a good mentor, customer centric and a first class communicator to bring this position to life at Afterpay.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Ensure that the team is appropriately skilled, resourced, and managed to meet delivery requirements
- Maintain and operate infrastructure services and solutions for Afterpay that exceed expectations on time, cost, and quality
- Help develop the team's strategy to align and meet Afterpay’s business objectives
- Hire, develop and retain high performing staff with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Build a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Champion modern ways of working and engineering through the use of DevOps and Agile techniques
- Bring to life and foster an environment that recognises and encourages close collaboration, success, and innovation throughout the business
- Build and sustain relationships across the business and provide transparency
- Ensure opportunities for continuous process improvement are identified and implemented
- Maintain awareness of current Security standards and ensures all activities comply with the standards
- Serve as a member of the Enterprise Technology leadership team, along with the managers of the support, enterprise capability, and major projects teams
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Demonstrate substantial experience in managing and leading Technical / Infrastructure teams
- Demonstrate experience in managing interdependencies between technical delivery workstreams
- Engaging communication and facilitation skills with experience energising teams and building strong relationships across the organisation
- Excellent critical thinker with the capacity to think both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to lead and effectively manage team meetings Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer centric, friendly and approachable5+ Years of experience in a similar role
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you.
- We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance.
- We offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives, and benefits including the opportunity to enroll in our share matching plan.
- We focus on health and wellbeing, both in your career and personal lives, as such we provide employees with a corporate membership to Headspace.
- We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
- We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How To Apply
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now! Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.