Staff Software Engineer - iOS
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) organization is building a new generation of applications to facilitate commerce in everyone's new digital lives. Our focus is to build profoundly simple mobile apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives.
The role is a self-organized Staff Software Engineer for mobile application development. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills are just a start. You will have a great deal of passion about building a consumer product in Chinese market with excellent user experience. You will contribute to and learn engineering practices and disciplines in building high code quality with solid security, scalability and usability requirements. You will start with creating deployable prototypes in testing the solution in Chinese market. You must be willing to be adaptive to requirement changes and go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Beijing, China and will report to the Director of Software Engineering in Beijing.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD in software engineering
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD in software engineering.
- iOS: Swift, XCUITest
- Functional Test Automation: Cucumber and Appium
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Passion for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on mobile excellence and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities: mentor, collaborate, enable and inspire
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
- Experience in building backend services will be a strong plus.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in China with the right to work authorizations. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions