Senior Business Intelligence Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence guru to join the Product portfolio & analytics team to define and execute the strategic roadmap of Tyro’s business intelligence at scale. You will be responsible for shaping the direction of our data, reporting, and analytics capabilities within the Product function as well as building the foundations to empower internal decision makers across all divisions to self-serve data & information and solve business problems.
This is a hands-on technical role that requires you to work closely with business leadership, product team, and data engineering to build the BI roadmap. You are experienced in making difficult trade-offs, balancing multiple demanding priorities and stakeholders, and mentoring junior members. As a successful candidate, you will be able to interact with both technical stakeholders, defining and prioritising requirements for the data tribe, as well as business stakeholders to collaborate on business requirements and outcomes.
- Develop the capabilities to empower technical and non-technical internal customers with data analysis, visualisation and ad-hoc reporting
- Design, build, and optimise dashboards and other automated reporting solutions (e.g. Tableau, Superset, etc.) to enable faster and better decision making
- Participate in the agile design, development and implementation of scalable and maintainable ETL processes, data marts and data migrations
- Extract data from database tables (e.g. MySQL, Snowflake) using SQL and ETL, conduct EDA, develop and manage ETLs to create unified data models for reporting and analytics. Mentor and guide team members accordingly.
- Develop a deep understanding of Tyro’s data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritising when necessary
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership
- Monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and identify new, actionable signals
- Identify and implement best practices in reporting and analysis: data governance, data quality, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Work alongside data engineers, data scientists, operations, and business stakeholders to successfully deliver on the above outcomes.
- Own the management of data tooling and applications on the team’s behalf
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Customer focused analytics leader with demonstrated track record of going from requirements to outcome
- 5+ years of professional experience in BI related field managing complex technical projects
- 5+ years of professional experience working with data sets, data modelling, writing SQL statements and ETL jobs
- 5+ years Tableau dashboard experience (including Tableau Prep) – experience with open source visualisation tools is highly desirable (e.g. Apache Superset)
- 3+ year of experience working with a coding language (Ruby/Python/Java)
- Working experience with Snowflake or similar data warehouse
- Working experience with agile practices and data engineering teams
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who We Are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking