Strategic Partnerships Director/Manager - Issuing and Payment Acceptance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. Our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world. With technology at our core, we built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 12 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding from world class investors including Sequoia, Greenoaks and ANZ. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
We're looking for a Partnerships Manager/Director, to be based in Singapore, to own our key strategic relationships related to our card issuing and payment acceptance projects at Airwallex. Strong candidates located in Hong Kong, Melbourne or London will also be considered.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, ‘out of box’ thinker, who has worked in the payments industry and will do what it takes to make sure Airwallex is successful. Experience from working at or with global card schemes and a broad understanding on the steps involved in launching a new product to market in this space is essential.
This role will require frequent travel to meet with partners in Asia and other regions.
- Lead, develop, own, refine, and implement a partnerships strategy that aligns with and supports our overall business vision for Airwallex’s issuing and payment acceptance products
- Manage our most strategically important partnership opportunities, both existing and new, and act as the main point of contact between Airwallex and those partners
- Understand the competitive landscape and conduct market research to ensure that Airwallex remains a ‘partner-of-choice’ and proactively present recommendations to executive management wherever relevant
- Coordinate due diligence processes with prospective partners and project-manage internal stakeholders through commercial, product and systems assessment
- Position yourself as an industry thought leader and establish relationships with potential partners and key decision-makers in the industry
Who You Are
- You are an exceptional communicator – being able to connect with people at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and communicate project expectations effectively is critical
- You thrive under pressure – and work well with constant change and the ambiguity of a startup environment
- You have strong negotiation skills – to navigate complex commercial discussions to ensure the best outcome for Airwallex
- You’re a team player - work cohesively with colleagues from across the organisation and be able to inspire a shared vision
- 5+ years of experience working with acquirers, the card networks, financial institutions and regulators in payments
- International experience - either working in multiple markets or managing cross border relationships
- A proven track record of working with technology led businesses in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime