Cloud Automation Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.
The Thales Banking & Payment Services (BPS) helps more than 3000 financial instituitions, retailers, transport operators and other players with multiple payment methods for both digital and physical transactions. This includes strong identity verification for enrolling new subscribers, payment data encryption and authentication schemes, including biometrics, to access digital banking services.
The cloud infrastructure team develops and operates the BPS infrastructure, ensure high availability and scalability as a devops team working on our infra as a code.
- Design, develop and maintain our hybrid infra-structure (AWS, GCP, Private datacenters)
- Develop & maintain Continuous Deployment
- Write technical documentation (spec, design, api description, user guide etc.)
- Develop and maintain and automatize all operation stack : alerting, information to customer, monitoring etc.
- Provide visibility to management and architect lead on assignment progress
- Provide internal training/workshop to support when necessary
- Contribute to knowledge sharing
- AWS (ECS, EKS, EC2, Security groups, AMI, RDS, Aurora, Lambda, API gateways, Cognito, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, WAF, etc)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation
- Python, Shell scripting or other programming language
- GitLabs CI/CD
- MongoDB database & datalake
- Geo-redundancy & high availability, disaster recovery
- Splunk or datadog
- Software Engineering background with strong interest in cloud deployment and infrastructure as you will be developing the infrastructure and not the business applications running on it
- Experience as a sysadmin/ops with strong scripting skills with cloud technology and infra automation
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.