Sales Development Representative , Sydney
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Based out of our Sydney or Melbourne office, this role will be focused on generating and qualifying leads that will build Airwallex’s ANZ sales pipeline. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you should be excited about engaging with prospects to find out about their needs, adept at identifying high value opportunities, and capable of managing early sales funnel activities.
You are used to delivering value in complex situations and are energized by learning about new and existing products. Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of the demand generation and sales process, the articulation of Airwallex’s value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets.
With the team, there are many opportunities to progress as the business continues to grow. If you’re hungry, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Initiate contact with potential customers through email outreach or cold calling and follow up on designated touchpoints in a customer journey
- Move quality leads through the funnel while connecting them to a salesperson and arranging meetings
- Develop relationships with prospects to uncover needs through effective questioning to qualify interest and viability to prepare hand-off to sales
- Update activity and contact information within the CRM system and support reporting efforts
- Inform and recommend outreach strategies and best practices through testing various types of touchpoints
- Contribute to building out best practices in this area as we grow the team
- Collaborate and provide feedback and insights to Marketing to help improve targeting and messaging
- Work closely with your designated Account Executive on the handover & first call
What You Will Bring
- Target-oriented - You are motivated by stretch targets that facilitate business growth and reward you for direct impact
- Customer focused - You are excited to learn about your prospect’s business and rely on data to help solve issues
- Process driven - You enjoy developing, documenting, and following procedures to ensure they are efficient, scalable, and defensible
- A team player - You are a natural at building relationships with your colleagues but can work independently at ease
- A master prioritizer - You leverage sound judgment to quickly assess all the tasks at hand and expertly prioritize them
- Obsessively Curious - You know when to dig a little deeper to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it; in doing so, you ask the right questions necessary to arrive at a sound, risk-based decision
- Track record of top performance or prior success in an BDR-related role
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in technology and/or financial services
- Self starter who is able to operate in a hyper growth environment
Life at Airwallex
- 💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our business success through every employee receiving Equity
- 💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements and remote working opportunities, we have 2 epic head office spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
- 🥗On-site meals and snacks, think a fully stocked fridge, beers, ice-creams and catered lunches
- 📲We offer an $800 WFH allowance to kit out your WFH Desk and Chair of choice
- 💳 Monthly allowance loaded onto your Airwallex digital card.
- 🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support. Including coaching and EAP sessions
- 🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your Birthday to celebrate YOU
- 👪Parental leave, baby bonding leave and Miscarriage leave
- 🏳️🌈Employee resource groups for underrepresented employees and their allies
- 🔅Internal Airwallex community groups and local social clubs
- 💸Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
To learn more about life at Airwallex: Watch This
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime