Sr. Technical Writer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
As part of Visa's Technical Communications Services (TCS) team, work independently to:
- Author topic-based content using DITA XML markup with the Oxygen XML editor and Tridion Docs content management system for a variety of Visa products.
- Research subject matter and obtain and exchange information.
- Create and maintain project schedules and project estimates.
- Represent writing team on cross-functional projects.
- Proactively escalate problems and issues as needed.
- Multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Analyze existing documentation for impacts and update them accordingly.
- Manage and maintain content for publishing to various end-user channels (single-sourcing).
- Manage and store master documentation files, complete quality artifacts, update metrics, and implement other processes as directed by the department procedures guide.
- Collaborate with TCS teammates in maintaining and enhancing publishing tools, systems, processes, and templates.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 8 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree
- Preferred – 8 or more years of work experience or more than 7 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD).
- Writing samples are required to demonstrate proficiency for both business and technical audiences. TCS will also administer an writing test as part of the formal interview process.
- Experience making content discoverable and accessible through disciplines such as Content Strategy, Information Architecture, Content Modeling, Taxonomy, Metadata Strategies, Translation and Localization, Content Interoperability, Knowledge of Markup Languages.
- Experience authoring with DITA XML.
- Previous experience with Oxygen XML editor and Tridion Docs content management system is helpful.
- Financial transaction processing industry experience is helpful.
Work Hours: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions