Senior Compliance Manager, ANZ
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About The Role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Manager Compliance in Zip’s ANZ Compliance team.
The purpose of the role is to support the Director of Compliance with the ongoing build, implementation, embedment and running of the Zip compliance program across Australia and New Zealand.
This will include managing Zip’s compliance with Australian credit and financial services licensing obligations and broader regulatory obligations (including Corporations Act, ASIC Act, NCCP Act, DDO, CCCFA and applicable regulatory codes, guides and industry standards as they apply to Zip’s suite of consumer and business products in Australia and New Zealand).
On a practical level this involves scaling out, running, testing and improving Zip’s compliance frameworks, including incident management, breach reporting, design & distribution processes, marketing compliance, complaints management, compliance training calendar, ongoing review and update to policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and internal reporting to senior management, the operational risk committee and the audit risk committee.
You will also be required to lean in to support the team’s Business Risk Officer as they further build upon Zip’s Risk Management Program in Australia and New Zealand. This includes the development of a control framework (including testing requirements) for key controls to manage Zip’s key compliance obligations and key risks.
In this role you will:
- Own relationships with key Zip ANZ Leadership team members, providing them with advice and support on compliance matters such as the management of incidents and ongoing compliance with existing Australia and New Zealand legislation
- Provide expert compliance advice during the development of new products or changes to existing products to ensure Zip continues to complyYou will providing SME advice on how Zip will comply with any new or changed legislation or regulations including implementation of new controls and monitoring processes
- Conduct expert face-to-face training on specific compliance matters as the need arises
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Demonstrated relevant experience (10+ years)
- Expert knowledge of the legislation, regulatory guidance, industry standards, codes and regulators in both Australia and New Zealand
- Experience with providing fit for purpose compliance advice in a timely manner to senior stakeholders
- Ability to focus on the big picture and implementing fit for purpose solutions
- Experience with the implementation of regulatory change
- Experience with managing relationships with regulators in both Australia and New Zealand
- Stakeholder management - in order to be successful, you need to have the ability to build interpersonal relationships with all major key stakeholders across the business.
- You have a can do attitude and bring commercial solutions to the table – You own it and Do it.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.