Senior Director, Visa Business Solutions
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The New Payment Flows (NPF) division aims to expand Visa ecosystem beyond enabling consumer-to-business payment to the movement of money for everyone, everywhere. Leveraging Visa global network of financial institutions, fintechs, merchant partners, the team is enabling money movement in terms of Business-to-Consumer disbursements (e.g., gig economy payouts, marketplace seller payouts, insurance claim payouts), Business-to-Business payments (e.g. supplier chain payments, business bill payments, merchant settlement), and Consumer-to-Consumer payments (e.g., XB remittance, P2P transfer), and more. The money movement market is estimated to be more than Dollar 65 Trillion of payment volume globally.
The New Payment Flows team brings innovative payment solutions, spanning card and non-card solutions and across Visa Business Solutions and Visa Direct, to clients around the world, serving the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Digital Platforms, Corporate Banks, and Commercial Payment Fintechs.
What Head of New Payment Flows does at Visa:
The Taiwan Head of New Payment Flows is accountable for bringing New Payments Flows (B2B, B2C, C2C) onto the Visa ecosystem by selling in and deploying solutions including commercial cards, virtual accounts, push payments, BPSP, Visa Direct and B2B Connect. The role has direct accountability for achieving volume, revenues and sales targets for Visa Business Solutions and Visa Direct in Taiwan, across Financial Institutions, Fintechs and other partners.
- Grow revenue and volume goals for Visa Business Solutions and Visa Direct by building and managing an active sales pipeline
- Find, develop and manage commercial relationships with partners in Taiwan in close collaboration with account executives and Greater China teams
- Engage with clients including C-level execs to understand requirements and to propose solutions using Visa's suite of commercial payment products (e.g. Commercial Cards, Virtual Accounts, BPSP and Visa Direct).
- Serve as subject matter expert on cross-border B2B, B2C and C2C payment flows including regulations, payment delivery models, alternative solutions, FX, funding and settlement models, applicable regulations, and key players in the supply chain.
- Track and understand industry trends and customer needs and implications to client business models and Visa’s offering to compete
- Utilize a consultative sales approach and lead client pitch including developing, managing, and coordinating pitch materials and financial incentives
- Inform Visa Business Solutions and Visa Direct strategy by developing marketplace viewpoint and advocating for client needs internally
- Evaluate and approve new business partnerships prior to signing deals, highlighted associated risks to ensure appropriate deal structure. Recommend revised strategies as needed to reduce risk and improve deal performance
- In close partnership with Finance and key business partners, leading annual operating plan, and multi-year outlook process, and driving key strategic, and financial activities.
- Work with Visa Business Solutions (commercial/B2B) experts across Asia Pacific and ensure strategy ties in with regional roadmaps. Work closely with Visa AP / Greater China Team operating in “New Payments Flows” to plan and execute related strategies
- Coach and lead team member
Why this is important to Visa
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) and Visa Direct team is a premier organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand products into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting team to join as we expand globally.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What you will need:
- 15+ years of work experience, with at least 10 years of experience in payments, including cross border and/or commercial payments.
- Strong industry understanding and experience (commercial payment products, marketing, processing, key industry players, key regulation changes and innovation trends, etc.) acquired at leading organizations, including understanding of the different payment and money movement needs and issues across different end-customer segments: SME, Large and Multinational companies (cross border payments and correspondent/transaction banking)
- Proven experience in building strategic pitches with unique client propositions, designed to make the most from a wide range of Visa assets and capabilities
- Proven interpersonal, leadership, communication, and management skills to build strong winning teams, lead and coordinate complex plans and initiatives, as well as working with senior leaders and other experts across geographies and functions. Capable to influence and build credibility as a peer with internal stakeholders
- Experienced in working for large, international matrix organizations. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Proven strategic planning experience as well as on successfully leading and executing complex project
- Experience and track record managing to stretch targets and a P&L
- Preferable to have solid people management experience
- Ability to speak fluent English and Mandarin
What will also help:
- Strong understanding of Visa strategy, commercial and Visa Direct products, services, and solutions
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions