Vice President, Head of People Business Partners, AP
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Business Partner function within the People Team at Visa acts as a trusted advisor and business partner to leaders of the Asia Pacific business and operates as the expert on talent and organizational issues. We are a team of commercially focused individuals that translate business objectives to talent priorities. We are comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and are able to operate in a fast-paced environment with significant change. We work hand-in-hand with various stakeholders of the People Team for successful planning and delivery of talent programs and services to the business.
What a Head of People Business Partner does at Visa:
- Serves as a strategic thought partner to Visa’s leadership by translating business objectives into effective people strategies
- Leads a team of Function and Market People Business Partners in creating robust people plans, executing on the talent agenda and implementing core people programs across the business
- Serves as a key member of AP People Leadership Team and partners very closely with the Global People Team to ensure the right level of connectivity between the region and HQ
- Collaborates with COEs to create and deploy a variety of talent management initiatives such as succession planning, leadership development, workforce management, learning programs and org design
- Leads a wide array of business-related activities to engage/develop a talented workforce and build organizational capabilities that directly impact business goals.
- Plays an active role in the transformational journey of the Visa People Team and provides inspirational leadership in driving the transformation agenda in the AP region.
- Drives an effective client-service PBP team that delivers with operational excellence and instills company-wide trust and value for the People function
Why this is important to Visa?
The individual is responsible for leading the business partnership with our senior management across the region. In doing so, s/he will work closely with the Function and Market PBPs to deliver fit for purpose people-solutions for their client groups. The role will report into the SVP, Head of People Asia Pacific.
As a core member of the AP People Leadership Team, this individual partners with their internal stakeholders (regionally and globally) for impactful delivery of People programs and services to the business. Ultimately, this role is responsible for driving the talent agenda to enhance business performance across the region. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and be comfortable in a matrixed and fast-paced environment with significant change, employing only the necessary people processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow.
What you will need
- 15 to 20 + years of human resources leadership with exposure to an innovative business, one that continues to reinvent their business proposition. Industry is open with a preference for the consumer, financial services or technology industry. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred
- 10+ years of successful business partnership at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- Experience in a growing global business and positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization
- Track record for a proven ability to attract, hire and train top talent.
- Relationship Building/Influencing: Demonstrate effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgement skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when and how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted and institutionalized.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgement. Quickly study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
- Values and Leadership: Demonstrates alignment to Visa's Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, innovation and Excellence) and has a track record for a proven ability to attract, hire and train top talent. Demonstrates commitment to motivating a team through growing and developing internal talent.
- Result Oriented: Resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
- Change Agent: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR's impact and how HR is an integral part of the company's business strategy.
- Low Ego: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first
- Influencing Skills: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate @ all levels in the organization.
- Execution and Operational Effectiveness: Outcome orientated and able to act decisively and deliver effective outcomes
- Critical Thinking: Keen ability to analyze the current situation, evaluate facts, and understand stakeholders to form a sound judgment and solution
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions