Director, Cross Border Planning and Strategy Execution, Japan
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That’s our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless. We believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, skills and experiences are at the heart of our success.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa is looking for an experienced and passionate individual to lead our Cross Border Business in Japan Business Planning Strategy & Operations team. The team is accountable for leading the formulation, analytical review, preparation and communication of the Japan business strategy to drive efficient, sustainable business growth.
The ideal candidate has the mandate to develop Visa’s strategy to drive accelerated growth in our cross border business and deliver against Japan’s priorities that drive efficiency and effectiveness of Visa’s sales teams. The team identifies growth areas for the business and drives focused execution of key priorities across a very diverse set of objectives.
You'll be involved in leading the development of our cross border business strategy, working with the local leadership, regional and global cross border teams in delivering the plan for the business in Japan.
A natural collaborator, you will act as the subject matter expert of the cross border business for Visa in Japan, while also bringing together (in consultation with key functional teams) clients, new partners, key corridors, technologists, merchants, acquirers and subject matter experts to facilitate the growth of Visa’s cross border business.
- Lead the development of cross border strategy for Japan cluster, which protects and grows our existing business, evolves our relationships with key ecosystem participants and breaks through the challenges and constraints to generate meaningful and long-term sustainable revenue growth
- Drive the execution of cross border strategy in partnership with local cross functional teams as well as regional and global cross border teams
- Identify success factors for the business, develop operating plans to achieve the agreed objectives and design effective stakeholder engagement plans
- Understand the key business drivers in cross border, anticipate opportunities and challenges in the business and takes proactive measures to accomplish targets
- Identify how our local business in Japan can integrate and take advantage of Visa’s new acquisitions, capabilities, product and service solutions and partnerships to advance our capability in cross border
- Identify and target key corridors of source and destination customers and jointly develop appropriate plans for maximising Visa’s business in these corridors.
- Involve and lead the strategic projects within Japan Business Planning & Operations team
- Be a role model in everything that you do and a champion of Visa’s leadership principles
Why this is important to Visa
The ideal candidate will form the glue that keeps Visa’s strategic priorities aligned globally and across all markets & functions. Together with the key functional leaders – Marketing, Sales, Product, Strategy, you will co-own key priorities for Japan and ensure focused & consistent execution to drive cross boarder revenue. In doing so, you will regularly liaise with regional and global leaders to present their work as well as rally executive endorsement for critical deliverables through their periodic reporting.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Fluent in both English and Japanese. Ability to negotiate with merchants with offers developments as well as influence clients to execute cross boarder priorities
- Strong understanding of the payment industry and cross border payment flows. 12 years of business experience with specific experience working in a payments network or financial services firm on developing new cross border flows and new payment experiences
- Strong experience working directly with and influencing clients, as well as internal leadership teams and executives. Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of product development, strategy development, operating plans and execution
- Strong and successful record of accomplishment of stakeholder management. Ability to translate strategy into an internal and external narrative
- Strong academic credentials, with an advanced degree from premier institute
You will be a part of:
- A new dedicated cross border team in Japan
- A new operating model to have global, regional and local resources dedicated to our cross border business
- Creating new payment experiences and flows that capture cross border for consumers, merchants and businesses
- Working with Visa teams in other parts of the world that represent our key corridors of cross border commerce for consumers and businesses
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Japan and are unable to offer new immigration sponsorship.
- Visa is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions