Senior Analyst, Portfolio Credit Risk
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne or Sydney; other locations will be considered
Job Category: Credit,Risk
Judo is on the lookout for a driven and knowledgeable individual to join our Portfolio Credit Risk team, with experience in credit provisioning.
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
If you love:
- Working in a fast pace working environment?
- Working closely with several teams across the business (Risk, Finance, Relationship, Investor Relations)?
- Working in a diverse workforce where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences and knowledge to help build the foundations of Judo?
Then this just might be…
Desired Skills and Experience
Your dream job:
- Assist with ensuring the Credit Risk Engine appropriately calculates expected credit losses (collective provisions) and application of credit methodology
- Maintaining, executing, and enhancing the credit provision calculations
- Undertaking detailed analytics on provision movements and delivering insight to Management Assessing provision adequacy to ensure that Judo is appropriately providing for projected credit deterioration.
- Evaluating current provision methodology to ensure it remains fit for purpose
- Regular internal reporting to Management Board, Risk Committees, and the Board.
- Supporting the Finance/Investor Relations team with key external reporting deliverables.
- Assist with key external credit risk reporting deliverables to key external stakeholders (e.g. Shareholders, APRA, Rating Agencies, Debt Funders), including several regulatory reporting forms to APRA/RBA.
- Undertaking peer benchmarking actives, including the ability to analyse peer financial results and system data in relation to provisioning public disclosures
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and challenging the current status quo.
- Supporting the General Manager Portfolio Credit Risk & Policy and the broader Credit Risk team’s objectives
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with credit provision models
- Strong understanding on AASB 9 accounting standard
- Demonstrated experience within a similar role
- Experience working with analytics tools – e.g. Python, R, and SQL
- Ability to analyse data and present information that is easy to interpret and digest
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to stakeholders
- Sound knowledge and experience of understanding credit risk management and regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, particularly related to credit provisioning.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter and a proven ability to build networks
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- “Can do attitude” who is willing to challenge current ways of thinking
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. We are passionate about attracting, embracing and celebrating diverse talent. Judo is a place where everyone belongs, where our people and customers thrive because our unique differences make us collectively stronger. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian SME business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Judo Staff home loan
- Flexible work environment
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business