Business Development Executive
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That’s our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless. We believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, skills and experiences are at the heart of our success.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Japan Client Relationship Management (CRM) team is accountable for managing client relationships with payment ecosystem stakeholders such as banks, financial institutions, platformers, eCommerce companies, wallet providers, etc. We coordinate across various business functions in Japan, as well as global offices, to support the business growth of our clients
What a Business Development Executive does at Visa:
Reporting to the Business Development Team Leader, this role is responsible for supporting some of Visa Japan’s key clients through relationship management and sales disciplines. You will interact with both working level and executive level client stakeholders, and collaborate with cross functional colleagues within Visa to develop and execute on account plans.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Excellent execution of key strategic priorities
- Distill the right vision and strategy for client relationships in collaboration with cross-functional Visa team members
- Working with client executives to ensure their priorities and operational capabilities are clearly understood and our work plans are clearly aligned with them
- Act as the orchestrator of how our clients consistently experience the best of Visa’s global expertise
- Achieving optimal balance of client and Visa’s interests
- Driving delivery of a quality sales pipeline for core products and value-added services
- Take clear ownership and accountability of the risks of the business and ensure that as a team, we effectively manage risk through consistent application of all of Visa’s relevant Key Controls
Why this is important to Visa
As a business that’s success is primarily driven by how well our solutions deliver results for our clients and how strong our relationships with those clients, the business development executive is needed to ensure solution delivery on our highest value opportunities.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What you will need:
- Highly disciplined and organized approach to execute consistently and systematically on both immediate and long-term priorities
- Commercial acumen: applies commercial analysis to evaluate business opportunities and ensures that budget, profitability, and earnings targets are based on valid assumptions and appropriate business models
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams with a collaborative and results driven leadership style that is both inclusive and capable of decisive action
- Ability to develop strong connections with clients at both working and managerial levels
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative, and adapt in a fast changing, often ambiguous market context
- Excellent presentation, communication, questioning, and networking skills
- A strategic thinker who creates a clear vision and then breaks the objective into clear deliverables phases
- Disciplined approach to risk management identifies and analyses the risks when making decisions
- Fluent in Japanese and business level English
- 5 years of experience in sales, business development or management consulting
- Good understanding of Japanese financial services industry. Knowledge and experience with payments, eCommerce, and mobile technologies is a plus
- Proven ability to design, negotiate and manage execution of business agreements
- Experience in planning, managing, and closing complex and competitive sales efforts
- Experience in stakeholder management at large, complex organizations
- Strong academic credentials. An MBA or similar degree from a top tier institution is a plus
- High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Drives for achieving superior end to end results, in a sustainable way
- Very client focused
- Strong at networking. A connector of people, communities, and clients in Japan and across Visa
- Has stature, gravitas, reputation, and professional attitude, internally and externally
- Courageous, accountable, and willing to challenge the status quo, and drive innovation.
- Curious, with a drive to continuously learn
- Trustworthy and possesses highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
- Has high levels of professional humility and actively seeks and uses feedback constructively
- Genuinely cares for and is inclusive of people, supports people’s wellbeing
- Disciplined and organized in a way that enables consistent delivery of results while also being able to respond well to unexpected demands
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Japan and are unable to offer new immigration sponsorship.
- Visa is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions