Manager, Sales Development, SME & Growth
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is looking for a SDR Lead to lead a highly visible and motivated team that achieves individual, team and organisational quotas. Your Team is responsible for developing and qualifying revenue opportunities within their assigned territory from SME through to Enterprise. Your team will generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline by conducting strategic research and cold calling. You'll be a valuable contributor to the Airwallex Sales leadership team shaping strategy at an early stage, be deeply involved in building our sales machine into a large, successful, scaled, revenue-generating function.
Our Ideal Candidate Is
A Highly strategic and structured thinker: you know how to analyze and solve problems at their root. You are Comfortable navigating ambiguity and building from 0 to 1: you’re joining at a time of hyper growth, so you’ll need to be excited to build the plane as we fly it.
Those who know you say you can manage multiple priorities and projects: Your day will be filled with variety: You’ll be on sales calls for our most important clients, analyzing metrics for trends and insights. Then your focus will switch from Sales coaching to growing and expanding the team.
We are looking for someone passionate about leading and coaching: you get excited by and know how to lead people, motivate them, and build highly resilient teams, primarily because in the 0 to 1 stage, the team will regularly face rejection.
You will work well at Airwallex if you have an entrepreneurial mindset: you own your work, your function, your results and everything in between, and you know how to roll your sleeves up and creatively problem-solve your way out of issues.
- Hire, train and develop a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) whose role consists of prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Develop SDRs into sales-ready candidates for future Account Executive positions
- Create metrics for monthly objectives
- Motivate to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives
- Regularly report on team/team member results - quantity & quality of leads and revenue to Sales Managers
- Actively drive the creation of our sales and GTM strategy: what our value props should be, how we should pitch, and iterate regularly based on results
- Work closely with SDRs, Marketing, AE Sales Leadership and Operations
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency and productivity
- Create and iterate on comp plans, team structure, and team operating models
Skills And Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in sales, go-to market, management
- Strong experience successfully coaching and leading team members (scaling experience a plus) to achieve performance goals
- Consistent proven track record of over achievement of quota expectations in an individual contributor sales role
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and time management skills
- A passion for sales and adding value: you enjoy the art and science of selling and get excited about closing deals and helping customers
- Experience successfully leveraging Salesforce, Outreach.io , and a sales tech stack: you know how to use tools to rapidly achieve your strategy, vs basing your strategy primarily on tools
- Experience selling to ecommerce and tech industry verticals preferred
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime