Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne or Sydney; other locations will be considered
Job Category: Banking and Financial Services,Technology
We’re on the lookout for a Data Engineer professional to develop our Business Intelligence solutions.
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
If you love:
- Creating a world-class data-platform for a rapidly scaling organisation and building it on Azure
- Create efficient, fit-for-purpose and scalable data models
- Designing and developing reusable data pipelines and processes.
- Efficiently managing structured data, unstructured data and meta data
- Working in a diverse workforce where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences and knowledge to help build the foundations of Judo
Desired Skills and Experience
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Demonstrable knowledge of BI and data warehousing concepts
- Deep knowledge of how to design, implement and optimize ETL processes, conduct detailed data modelling, design data warehouse architectures, and design and build data pipelines.
- Knowledge of the Azure platform including Data Factory, Notebooks and Logic apps is required
- Expert skills in data modelling including dimensional and data vault
- Designing data model testing, data flow validation and system performance testing
- SQL scripting: T-SQL (SQL Server) preferred but ANSI SQL concept is required
- CI/CD using GIT or SVN is preferred
- Experience in documentation of requirements
- Ability to collaborate and manage stakeholders across teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Your life pre-Judo:
- Tertiary qualification in IT
- Australian working rights
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. Judo encourages all manner of diversity (including nationalities, skills, capabilities etc.), as it is a crucial aspect of our culture. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Judo Staff home loan
- Flexible work environment
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business