Senior Product Designer, Merchants
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About The Role
As part of the Merchant group, you’ll be working closely with rapidly growing cross-functional teams. You’ll be working in an end-to-end product design role including discovery, research and design across the group and be involved in every aspect of the product development process.
This exciting role will work across our Merchant experiences, including our Merchant apps and checkout. You will contribute to the transformation of our merchant experience by challenging the status quo and backing up your design solutions with data.
The role will involve frequent collaboration with product, engineering, brand, marketing, risk, data and UX Research.
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, and Researchers to find the right problem space and solve the problem right
- Oversee the user experience of a product, from conception to launch
- Use design thinking around problem definition through to high-quality solutions
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into products useful and valuable for our millions of users
- Design flows and experiences that are simple, elegant, and delightful
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Demonstrate experience with end-to-end product design
- Bring our brand to life
- Contribute to the growth of our design system
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- 5+ years working in interaction, product and/ or experience design
- An updated portfolio / examples of work
- Proven track record working effectively in cross-functional product teams
- You are accomplished at conveying complex concepts clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences
- Experience running lightweight, lean design experiments
- Experience working with and contributing to large-scale design systems
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people, including those with accessibility needs
- Ability to prioritise competing priorities in fast-paced environment
- Ability to turn insights into thoughtful narratives
- A curiosity for uncovering the true “why” of a problem
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
This role can be remote anywhere in Australia, or join our hybrid model in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.