Sr. Project Analyst (Technical)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The position is primarily responsible for technology and operational support of the Japan debit issuer processing technology service. You will be expected to work closely with Visa processing products and third party technology managed service vendors to support all phases of the development and deployment life cycle. In addition, you will work closely with the Visa Issuing Solutions Product Development team to assist in all aspects of service management and continuous service improvement. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and be prepared to do a little bit of everything.
- The role will report to the Local IT Director responsible for Japan debit issuer processing technology services. The candidate will also work closely with the Tokyo office IT and business staff.
- Provide operational and technical support for Japan debit issuer processing services.
- Close communications and coordination with the relevant regional and global IT teams.
- Involved in service management of technology incidents and problem escalations with third party technology vendors and internal Visa staff - this will require off hours work whenever needed.
- Must perform proactive activities designed to promote continuous service improvement and trouble free service operation, not only the assets at technology vendors, but also Visa assets.
- The role will also be expected to be a local office technology expert, and be able to provide technical consulting and advice.
- Work collaboratively with Visa's internal teams to establish priorities, manage technology delivery schedules and maintain ongoing service management.
- Engaged in technology delivery projects with third party technology providers.
- Accountable for backup responsibilities for the local IT Director and other technology staff.
- Some administrative work is expected. Major administrative tasks include managing approval processes for contracting services with vendors, coordinating and organizing internal meetings with vendors, receiving and directing visitors in the office, managing relationships with non-technology support vendors (including translators, interpreters), and oversee all aspect of the IT budget forecast and receivables.
- Comfortable working with both technical and business staff, and flexible in working on a wide variety of tasks.
- The candidate must be a good team player and self-motivated in completing any given task with a positive attitude.
- Candidate is also expected to have a market / client focused working style, based on an understanding of the local market / client situation
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Position will be based at Visa’s Tokyo Office.
- 5+ years IT experience.
- 2+ years software/hardware/business application implementation experience is preferred
- 2+ years network infrastructure operational or implementation experience is preferred
- Payment industry experience is a plus.
- Digital payments technology knowledge and implementation experience is a plus
- Advanced communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively globally, and across functional lines.
- Proficient in English and Japanese, both oral and written.
- Proven track record delivering results in a matrix management organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle the given tasks independently or with minimal supervision.
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Relevant experience in vendor management is a plus
- Hands-in experience in system development is a plus
- Knowledge of IT security or experience of IT security assessments is a plus
- Strong relevant working knowledge in:
- Vendor management of third party technology providers in a managed services agreement
- High availability and scalable parallel processing application development concepts and principles
- Disaster Recovery and business continuity concepts and principles
- Information Security concepts and principles
- Internal/External audit concepts and principles
- HP NonStop application development concepts and principles
- UNIX/Linux application development concepts and principles
- J2EE application development concepts and principles
- Relational data base concepts and principles.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Japan and are unable to offer new immigration sponsorship.
Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions