Head of VCA, Indonesia
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. The incumbent will be part of VCA geographic team cluster of Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia (IPVMC) markets, and will be responsible for consulting engagements with Visa's clients in Indonesia. The team is involved in a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management, digital strategy and data-driven portfolio management decisions.
If you like to use a fact-based, data-driven solutions to solve for business problems that deliver value and enable Indonesia clients to win more business, you should apply.
What a Head of VCA does at Visa:
As Head of VCA for Indonesia, you will be leading Visa Consulting and Analytics engagements for Indonesia. In this role, you are expected to:
- Cultivate relationship with Visa’s clients and partners - Issuers, Acquirers, and Merchants & Fintech firms, by being strategically focused, optimize client performance and implement recommendations in the area of customer life cycle management, new product development and launches
- Work cross-functionally with other Visa teams to bring a holistic solution to our clients leveraging Visa’s rich value-added services (VAS) from functions such as Marketing, Products, Risk and Merchant Solutions teams
- Lead and drive client conversations, business development, including executive meetings to secure strategic projects
- Develop propositions by closely working with Account Executives, promoting the solutions with external clients and, executing and delivering the consulting engagement to clients
- Enable growth and improve profitability across our clients’ payment business through portfolio management and segment expansion
- Own and deliver consulting revenue targets using Visa Consulting and Analytics service lines and practice areas, and actively manage value in kind in our client deals
This role has dual reporting to the geographic Head of VCA for IPVMC (Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia) cluster and the Country Manager of Indonesia.
Why this is important to Visa
As a payment consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialize experts that can provide best in class payment expertise to the client. We want to bring this expertise closer to our clients by having the Consulting Director in-market in Vietnam. We are a global organization leveraging global expertise and best practice with local knowledge and understanding of our client partners. This enables us to deepen our partnership with our clients and bring value to their business.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will have already accumulated strong consulting experience and will be curious about the payments industry and keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be client driven, comfortable managing a project end to end and relishing the opportunity to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
- Minimum 12 to 15 years of experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Deep experience in retail banking, card issuing or consulting to retail banks
- Understanding of card issuers’ P&L and cardholder life cycle
- Understanding of P&L of other players in the payment ecosystem, particularly acquirers and sellers
- In-market experience and/or knowledge of local language and culture as well as regulation and industry trends
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the local payment landscape including Fintech
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with excellent project management skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, logical thinker with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong internal team and external client stakeholder management with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Storyboarding and data storytelling including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data, make actionable recommendations, and tenacity to implement
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Experience and proven ability to attract, hire and retain top talent
What will also help:
- MBA or equivalent education, certifications and/or business background
- Understanding of statistical analysis, machine learning, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- Understanding of Merchant acceptance business and/or small & medium enterprise / commercial business
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients.
- You might be working with an issuer client to assess opportunities across cardholder lifecycle, conduct gap assessment and determine strategy or provide best practice recommendation to the Bank
- You will also be involved in client pitches, to bring strategic thinking in bringing together a compelling proposition to help Visa win clients and deepen partnerships
- You will bring to life data analytics solutions and propensity models built by the Data Science team to ensure clients find value to take action such as running marketing campaigns to drive payment card activation and usage, changing policies or processes, launching new products, opening new channels, among other things
- You will provide thought leadership and advisory service to our clients in the face of changing regulation and market landscape impacting business revenue streams
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions